How many married folks post here and your spouse does not know?

by xjwms 30 Replies latest jw friends

• xjwms
    xjwms

I got to thinking about this, and How many are here without telling anyone.

My active wife does not know I post here. Also, I have met some wonderful local people who are here, and you know who you are.

Those who I met, I regard as friends, and very supportive. Given our backgrounds we understand each other.

Is this a double life? ... If it is, .. I've been doing it for years. (by the way, dinners, drinks and get-togethers are great)

Anyone else, in the same arrangement?

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

my wife (JW), just found out yesterday. she was a little concerned that i was "hanging out with apostates". i said, "honey, i AM an apostate. go look it up in the dictionary." she did, and was like "wow. i didn't know that". well, YA!

she wan't too upset after i explained what a great bunch the international community on JWD are. she knows i need to express myself to be happy and healthy, so she is okay with it now. thankfully! i don't like doing things behind her back.

• ljwtiamb
    ljwtiamb

If my wife or anyone else in my family find out that I post here, they will go directly to the elders, GUARANTEED!

I always thought that if I were to have a secret double life, it would include a mistress or drugs.

Dang!

• MelbaToast
    MelbaToast

My hubby<yes hubby :P> (who has never been a JW) knows that I frequent the site, but doesnt really understand the effects of everything ex-jw. I try to explain, but to do so is in great detail, and I get fed up trying to explain, plus he gest frustrated because he doesnt understand everything. I think he is a little jealous that I have found so many friends so quickly and some of them are male also......just insecure I guess....So I try to include him when I am on the computer and let him read responses I give and try to explain whats going on.

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

Hey tetrapod, feel free to tell her that that guy that always sat in the back laughing when everyone else was serious and grimacing when everyone else was guffawing (me) is an apostate now too. LOL!

GBL

• whyamihere
    whyamihere

At first my husband didn't know. However, we were both thinking of leaving at the same time. He says he doesn't understand why I needed this site when I first told him about it. Now he sees that I am more at peace with myself knowing other out there like me I can talk too. He said it has made a huge difference in my personal battle with the JW's. He will never post on here but he encourages me to do whatever makes me happy.

Brooke

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Mine suspects but does not know

• kls
    kls

My husband has a feeling that i am up to something on the computer because in the evenings he tries to sneak up on me and see what i am doing but this monkey is to fast , but if ya ever see a post not finished by me and sent that is why.

It's funny because i tell him things that are going to happen at his meeting before he even knows ( them demons )

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

Mine knows,

It started a big fight yesterday, that is still raging. uhhgg.

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien
    Mine knows,

It started a big fight yesterday, that is still raging. uhhgg.

really? what happened?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit