Strange things about Jesus

by Stephen John Gault 32 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Stephen John Gault
    Stephen John Gault

1. Has it occured to you that nowhere in the old testament is the holy spirit mentioned. It did not exist. Do you not find it strange that when Joseph was told it was the holy spirit that made Mary pregnant, he did not ask "Who the f--- is the holy spirit?" (Just like Adam and Eve did not say: "What the f----- is the EVIL stuff" when God said Gen 2:18 "This is the tree of the knowledge of good and EVIL")

2. Do you not find it strange that Mathew has 43 generation between David and Joseph and Luke only has 28, with only two names in common?

3. Or that it did not matter whether Joseph decended from David because Jesus was not his natural blood child anyway and therefore not David's bloodline.

4. Don't you find it strange that only Mathew says anything about Herod killing Jewish babies under two and Joseph and Mary fleeing to Egypt when none of the other do, nor does Josephus say anything about such a significant event, and why did John the baptis's parents not flee as well?

5. Did it ever ocur to you that Mathews verbose rendition of Jesus' death paints saints getting ressurected and going into the city, where did they get clothes, how long had they been dead, did they return to their old wives and girlfriends, what happened to the people who were now married to these women and occupied their houses?

More humerous stuff to follow............

• Stephen John Gault
    Stephen John Gault

xcepts from a letter I wrote to the Mnistry of Education insisting teaching Christian Living:

Pursuant to our discussion about the subject of ?Christian Living? being introduced as a compulsory subject and my objection to its subjective substance, you asked that we document our objections.

As concerned parents, we would like to know whose version of Christian living you will be teaching? Those who supported and perpetrated the inquisitions and the crusades? Or those that asked for their God?s blessing of the Allied weapons in World War II, or those that blessed the Third Reich?s weapons?

Based on whose translation of the Bible? Which of these translation and why that one in particular? http://www.geocities.com/bible_translation/english.htm - list.

Is you advocacy of Christ based on the teachings and life of Jesus as portrayed in what is now called ?The Bible?, assembled out of arbitrarily selected manuscripts, democratically voted on the be canonnized?

Is this the same Jesus that supposedly came into the world to expressly offer himself as a willing sacrifice to attone for mankind?s sin, after he helped create them? (John 1:1). The same Jesus that then laments in Matt. 27:46: ?My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me??, spoken by a saviour that could not save himself? Not exactly spoken by someone voluntarily dying for our sins, but someone expressing absolute displeasure with what was happening to him, he asks in Matt. 26:39: ??let this cup pass from me.?, clearly indicating it was not his choice.

Or the Jesus that in Matt. 5:22 condemns to hell anyone who calls other fools, (Greek word ?moros?) and then does it himself? Matt. 23:17 and 19.

Or the Jesus who admitted to not being the model of propriety in Mark 10:18 ?Why callest thou me good? There is none good but one, that is God.?, while followers contend that he was immaculate and the model of sinless perfection?

Are you teaching the Jesus that lies about not attending the feast and then does so secretly? John 7:8-10. Or the Jesus that lies to the thief on Golgotta saying ?Today shalt thou be with me in paradise? when he was to spend three days in the tomb? Matt 12:40.

How about Jesus? contradiction and hypocricy, when in one instance he admonishes: ?Honor thy father and thy mother? (Matt. 15:4) then denounces his mother with ?Woman, what have I to do with thee?? and declares? ?If any man come to me, and hate not his father, and his mother, and his wife, and his children, and bretheren, and sisters, yea, and his own life also, he cannot be my disciple? Luke 14:26. I do believe most parents will find it rather distasteful to know their children are being instructed thus.

Do you love his hypocricy as continued in Matt.5:44 where Jesus tells people to love their enemies and bless those that curse them, but then does the opposite? Matt. 23:17, Matt. 12:24, Matt. 23:27 and John 10:8. Or saying: ?All that take up the sword shall perish with the sword? (Matt. 26:52) yet tells his disciples: ?Let he who hath no sword, sell his garment, and buy one? Luk2 22:36. Or telling people in Matt . 5:22 that: ?everyone that is angry with his brother shall be liable to judgement? and then ?looked around at them with anger? (Mark 3:5)

Or the same Jesus who said? ?Think not that I came to send peace on earth. I came not to send peace, but a sword.? Matt. 10:34 or ?Nay, but rather division?. (Luke 12:51) as the Prince of Peace?

Or will kids be taught the deceit of one Jesus, who owned a house (Mark 2:5) but told his followers to sell their possessions and give it to the poor? Matt, 19:21

Will you be teaching kids to have Jesus? fake courage, when he says: ?Be not afraid of them that kill the body? but then flees, hides, sneaks and escapes his supposed destiny? John 7:1, John 8:59, John 10:39, Matt. 12:14-16, John 11:53-54, Matt. 10:23, Mark 1:45 and John 6:15.

Or will you be teaching children the absurdity of executing an innocent person, Jesus, just because he volunteers? Or this vengeful God that does not really care who pays the price, as long as it?s paid? That is not justice, it is a bloodthirsty god who wants revenge.

How about teaching children how useless prayer is; that even Jesus praying that Peter not betray him (Luke 22:31-33) failed him, even though he promised everyone ?whatever ye shall ask in prayer, believing, ye shall receive.?

By this time, you will get the point. We can continue with hundreds more such issues. Whether we talk about the character Jesus, or the communist Christian congregations he spawned (Acts 2:44, Acts 4:32-35), we do believe that when most parents realize the real character behind this hypocricy, they too will be perturbed and question the content of this class.

If you have the courage of conviction, then have the courage to disclose the truth and the whole truth.

• JamesThomas
    JamesThomas

What is even more amazing, is that we once wholeheartedly believed that such a contradictory mess, was without question, the purest form of truth.

It is this same mind which was so blind, which now tells us we are free. Are we?

j

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

:What is even more amazing, is that we once wholeheartedly believed that such a contradictory mess, was without question, the purest form of truth.

What is even MORE amazing is that we believed that the contradictions only served to clarify other contradictions. Blows my mind, man.

GBL

• Double Edge
    Double Edge
    3. Or that it did not matter whether Joseph decended from David because Jesus was not his natural blood child anyway and therefore not David's bloodline.

Joseph and Mary were cousins. Mary decends from the Davidic line.... as with Jews today, to be 'truly' Jewish, your heritage must follow the maternal lineage. In Jerusalem, you can not be buried in the Jewish cemetary even if you are a believing Jewish soldier dying in defense of your country and your father was Jewish, but your mother was not.

• AuntieJane
    AuntieJane

The Holy Spirit IS written in the Old Testament; the powers of the Holy Spirit were directed toward individuals, not the same as in the New Testament when believers were indwelled. In the OT, it is shown that the Holy Spirit worked through Joshua:

Numbers 27:18
    18 And the LORD said unto Moses, Take thee Joshua the son of Nun, a man in whom is the spirit, and lay thine hand upon him;

and in EXODUS, these are the same gifts that are given by the H.S. in the New Testament.

Exodus 31:3, "And I have filled him with the spirit of God, in wisdom, and in understanding, and in knowledge, and in all manner of workmanship."

• Stephen John Gault
    Stephen John Gault

Mary decends from the Davidic line.... Wrong - her father's name was Aaron - she was a Levite.

• Stephen John Gault
    Stephen John Gault

Auntie Jane - is the spirit of god the Holy Spirit? Then why was it not named such? Gods (a lot of them mentioned in Gen.1:26) get mentioned with all kinds of denimonators - Adonai, Elohim etc.etc. but the Holy Spirit is never named. If the spirit of god is supposed to be the Holy Spirit, why was Joseph not told: "The spirit of God screwed your girlfriend, don't panic" instead of (specific name) the "Hoy Spirit" did it?

• A Paduan
    A Paduan
    1. Has it occured to you that nowhere in the old testament is the holy spirit mentioned.

No.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Psalm 51 Cast me not away from thy presence, and take not thy holy Spirit from me.

Isaiah 63 But they rebelled and grieved his holy Spirit.......Where is he who put in the midst of them his holy Spirit,

• Stephen John Gault
    Stephen John Gault

THE holy spirit is not mentioned in the Old Testament

Ps 51:11 "your holy spirit"
    Isa 63:10 "his holy spirit"

Then in NT:

Matt 28:19 "THE holy spirit" (As a distint and seperated, non-belonging entity such as in - "my house" - "your house" - "THE house", neither yours nor mine)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit