5/23/05 KM Article "Jehovah's Day is Near"

by TheListener 33 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Generic Man
    Generic Man

Notice everybody that the society has made claim to another "biblical prophecy." They have claimed that the UN will be the 8th world power. So, that means America would have to fall to the UN, perhaps like how the Babylonians (spelled right?) fell to the Medes and Persians. That would be remarkable, since the UN doesn't have a standing army, is unable to enforce any policies, and was never meant to be a government at all! What would they say if the UN fell and the Anglo-American bloc was still standing?

Not only is the UN supposed to replace America, but it has to get rid of all other religions except for the witnesses. And yes, all of the middle east really gives a shit what the UN says, so they will all do away with this Islam stuff and embrace the UN's atheist government. And lets wait for the next Presidents of the USA, Russia, and China give all their power to the UN. Lets wait for all three branches of the US government to suddenly give the UN ownership to the UN. If you think social security reform caused controversey, wait until you hear about the US suddenly deciding to give itself to the UN. Imagine a small council like the UN trying to control Russia and China at the same time. China, one of the most opressive governments on earth are going to hand over their nuclear weapons and manpower to the UN. I'm sure the governing body is holding their breaths until that happens (at least I hope they are).

They've been making these claims about the UN since before I was born. It is now 2005. You would think that they would have done a little more reasearch about the UN, after all, they had a 10 year fling with them once. Talk about stuborness. Could they at least find a more interesting lie to tell the rank and file?

• Flash
    Flash

Hi Generic Man

I think the Witnesses have it right about the 8th King and the end of religion. My personal belief is that the idea to turn over power to the UN will originate with the Americans and the Britons in the name of the 'War on Terror.' If in the US the Liberal Demacrats (who are very pro UN and anti-religion) regain power, I can see them leading the cause of world 'Peace and Security' by empowering the UN. Remember too, Russia and China have NO LOVE of religion and except for world opinion they would probably crush it on their own within their boarders. So it would be in their best interest to yield authority to the UN (on paper) they'll get to do what they've been wanting to do to religion for a long time and nobody is the 'Bad Guy,' they're just following orders. After religion is gone, the UN will declare "Peace and Security" when there is none, and the End will come. ...IMO

• wannaexit
    wannaexit

I don't know what is happening in the big house. It sure sounds like there are many school of thoughts up there.

Just 2 years ago in the June 1, 2003 the study article had this to say:

Jehovah?s people avoid speculation but remain spiritually alert, fully aware of political and religious developments that fit into the framework of the fulfillment of Bible prophecy

Who is specutating now?????

OH It just hit me!!!!!! It's Jehovah's people that should not speculate. The top must not be part of Jehovah's people since they do plenty of speculating.

wanna

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

You do have an invisible pet lion. Didn't you know? Since you haven't been feeding it (and they're not allowed to eat meat anyway), it's a good thing they don't starve to death in the invisible new system.

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

The WTBTS doesn't have to be *Jehovah's people*. They're just a legal entity (one of many) that does its bidding. More convenient for law suits that way.

• Lieu
    Lieu

...and with stockholders to boot. Some who aren't JWs and quite a few females. Everyone knows stockholders shape the direction of every corporation.

• Generic Man
    Generic Man

Hi Flash,

I've read both your comment here, as well as your profile and I'm puzzled. In your profile you say this:

"I believe the Witnesses are God's people but like the Israelites of Jesus day, the Witnesses, especialy their leaders (the GB and their supporters) have left the love Christ laid out and are 'lording it over His congregation'... I still worship Jehovah but as an INDIVDUAL. I live be HIS standards and not by the standards of elitist men." [italics are mine]

Here you say that the Governing Body and their supporters "have left the love of Christ." This statement implies that there was some time in the past where they were on the right and then strayed from what has been taught in the Bible. My question is since when were they ever on the right course? Was it during C.T. Russell's reign with his many false predictions and flights of fancy? Or was it during the reign of Rutherford, Knorr, Franz, or the beginning of the Governing Body in the 70's? When was the organization ever not a dictatorship that surpressed disent of any kind? Russell was not as bad as the latter leaders of the WTBS, but that's not saying much. Russell decieved himself and others with his own grandiose falsehoods. Based on what I've read in the older publications and how they relate to what is currently taught, there is no reason to believe that the Jehovah's Witness belief system is true.

• Generic Man
    Generic Man

Now, this nonsense about the UN being the "8th world power" is nothing more than a conspiracy theory and not even a conspiracy theory that is unique to the WTBS. In fact there are many fundamentalists who have made similiar claims about the UN being in league with the devil or having to do with Biblical prophecy. I don't see any reason for believing any of those claims. I don't believe these claims because [1] I am skeptical of the Bible and belief in God and [2] because if I did believe in either of these, I still wouldn't believe any of these allegations. Here's what Article 1 of the United Nations Charter has to say:

The Purposes of the United Nations are:

1. To maintain international peace and security, and to that end: to take effective collective measures for the prevention and removal of threats to the peace, and for the suppression of acts of aggression or other breaches of the peace, and to bring about by peaceful means, and in conformity with the principles of justice and international law, adjustment or settlement of international disputes or situations which might lead to a breach of the peace;

2. To develop friendly relations among nations based on respect for the principle of equal rights and self-determination of peoples, and to take other appropriate measures to strengthen universal peace;

3. To achieve international co-operation in solving international problems of an economic, social, cultural, or humanitarian character, and in promoting and encouraging respect for human rights and for fundamental freedoms for all without distinction as to race, sex, language, or religion; and

4. To be a centre for harmonizing the actions of nations in the attainment of these common ends.

[This is from: http://www.un.org/aboutun/charter/]

Now where in any of these clauses do you see any ambition to become a monistic world power? All I see the rescipe for an international organization committed to improving relations among nations. It is a commitee, not a government. And like I said before, the UN does not have any power. It does not have a standing army and neither are there any "international laws" because there is no way to enforce them.

In conclusion, all this speculation about the UN is unfounded. It is the unverified speculation of fundamentalists and conspiracy theorists. It is an international organization committed to diplomacy, not a evil cabal of devil worshipers. I wish you well Flash, but I hope you reconsider your beliefs.

• Flash
    Flash

Generic Man

Your questions are all good ones, I'll answer this one as honestly as I can.

Here you say that the Governing Body and their supporters "have left the love of Christ." This statement implies that there was some time in the past where they were on the right and then strayed from what has been taught in the Bible. My question is since when were they ever on the right course? ... Based on what I've read in the older publications and how they relate to what is currently taught, there is no reason to believe that the Jehovah's Witness belief system is true.
    I think it has always been a mixed bag of right and wrong behavior and true and false beliefs from Russell to the present. I do believe the ancient Israelites, especialy during Jesus time, are an accurate comparison to the Witnesses today, particularly their Leadership. Remember, ancient Israel, right from the begining, did not stay true to God. He destroyed a whole generation of them in the wilderness, then after He leads them into the Promised Land they did not obey His command to exterminate everyone out of the land who does not surrender to them. So from Russell's time, till now, we have what I see as the equivalent in behavior and in attitude from those that I believe are God's modern people. With all the errors in their teaching, there is still important truths to be found in major areas. ie:
  • Jehovah is not a trinity.
  • Jesus is God's first creation.
  • The Angelic rebellion is the source of all our troubles.
  • The Great Tribulation and Armageddon are literal and coming.
  • God will use the worlds governments to destroy world religion.
  • The Thousand Year reign is real.
  • The Resurrection is the only hope for the dead.
  • The Little Flock will be a literal Heavenly Government.
  • Satan and his Demons have a finite time to exist and will be terminated.
  • What reigion/s make these teachings the CORE of their faith? ...None that I'm aware of. I also believe we have another thing to factor in with how domineering and oppressive the leadership of the Organization is and has been...perhaps since Russells death, and that is the warning Jesus gave those He 'entrusted' with His congregation. 'If' when He returned, He found them beating their fellow slaves and the menservants and maidservants (because the Slave got tired of waiting for their Master) He would punish them, by degree, according to their understanding of their error. Some will be destroyed while others will not. Luke 12: 42-48, Matthew 24: 45-51. It seems to me, that Jesus illustration of the 'Wheat and the Weeds' of True and False Christian religions extends also into His congregation, from the GB down to the newest publishers. Matthew 24: 40-42 and Luke 17: 30-37.

The GB has always maintained that 'they' are 'spirit directed' and that God and His Son so closely control them that to go against them is to go against God and His Son themselves. The Bible record shows that God gave the ancient Israelites...the ancient 'Organization,' the freedom to stay close to Him...or not. The GB would have us believe that Christ so closely manages God's modern organization that it is 'impossible' for it to drift away. If that were so, why would Jesus ask if He would 'really find the faith on earth when He arrives?' (Luke 18:8, notice also verse 9). In His Letters to the Early Congregations after His ascension, Jesus had both, encouraged and warned them of the consequences of not staying on track, Revelation 1: 9 thru 3: 17. Notice particularly Rev. 3: 18-22...Especialy 22.

So I'm not surprised at the lack of Christian love and works from the Organization or the self-righteous pride that sooo many individual Witnesses have. Just for laughs...Before I knew who Ted Jaracz was, I saw and heard a talk from him at a DC years ago...I was really shocked at how 'full of himself' he was and thought, "They should 'talk' to him about that," and I was seriously considering writing a letter to the 'Society' about it.

...Later, when I found out who Jaracz was, I thought, "Well that explains a lot!"

• Generic Man
    Generic Man

"I do believe the ancient Israelites, especialy during Jesus time, are an accurate comparison to the Witnesses today, particularly their Leadership."

So basically you think the witnesses are God's "chosen people" because they seem to be similar to the Israelites. All you are doing is seeing connections that don't really exist. You're playing the same game the WTBTS plays by perceiving "parallels" between stories in scripture and events that happen during modern times. But you have absolutely no proof that the witnesses are God’s people, but there is tons of evidence that shows that they are not. What is so frustrating about your posts is that you still cling to the teachings of the self-anointed elite whom you identify as the evil slave. You give a list of teachings that are supposedly unique to the witnesses:

Jehovah is not a trinity.

Jesus is God's first creation.

The Angelic rebellion is the source of all our troubles.

The Great Tribulation and Armageddon are literal and coming.

God will use the worlds governments to destroy world religion.

The Thousand Year reign is real.

The Resurrection is the only hope for the dead.

The Little Flock will be a literal Heavenly Government.

Satan and his Demons have a finite time to exist and will be terminated.

But none of these are unique to the witnesses, but have been espoused by all sorts of sects and denominations at some time or another. But why should you believe any of these doctrines that you list here? Weren’t these the interpretations and teachings of the tyrants you supposedly freed yourself from? I find it especially irritating how you try to defend Russell, even though he was just as much a tyrant as Rutherford or any of those other fools that came after him. The man was driven by his own egotism. Have you ever considered the possibility that their teachings are just as false as their predictions? Their scholarship is unreliable; they could care less about discovering truth but enforcing doctrine. You may think you have freed yourself from these guys, but you still think like a witness.

• Share this

Google+
    Pinterest
    Reddit