Name your favorite fresh vegatables - It is gardening time!

by AK - Jeff 35 Replies latest jw friends

• fairchild
    fairchild

I love all vegetables and eat at least 4 different ones a day, year round.

My true favorites are asparagus (which I have daily from the garden right now), potatoes, tomatoes and peas. Nothing better than freshly picked peas.

• lilbit
    lilbit

I love fresh okra and tomatoes

lilbit

• Golden Girl
    Golden Girl

How about a nice ribeye? Is that a veggie?How about if I throw in a Baked potato and some asparagus..

Now I am getting hungry..

But I really do like almost all veggies..never did like tomatoes tho..ugh!..

I have a grandson that is 14..he will not eat anything that is green..which lets out a lot of veggies..

His Mom says he will eat them when he is ready..whatever that means..when he is 80?..He already looks anemic!..

But will they listen to grandma...no..

Snoozy...Who would love to plant a garden if someone will come and dig it up for her...

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

Yay! Another green thumb on the board!

I've always just done flowers and herbs. This year, along with the flowers and herbs, I'm trying my hand at a veggy garden. I have tomatoes (Sugary Grape and Heirloom Brandywine), peppers (Sweet Banana, Jalapeno, Green Bell, Red Chili), yellow squash, zucchini, radishes and TONS of herbs. I've also got two Tiffany rose bushes...beautiful blooms and the sweetest scent!

I could easily spend more money on our garden than anything else right now...even my photography stuff. Gardening is TOTALLY addictive once you get just a little knowledge. There is nothing like waking up and walking straight out to the garden to water and listen to the birds. Coming home from a long day at work and wedding or repotting...(happy sigh)...it really is the best stress reliever.

My next thing to attempt is a compost bin.

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

Pretty much luv all veggies - though marrows can be bitter and ugh! And too much cucumber starts tasting bloody...why I don't know by ja.

• Ellie
    Ellie

Tomatoes straight off the vine, covered with olive oil and balsamic vinigar - delicious!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit