Name your favorite fresh vegatables - It is gardening time!

by AK - Jeff 35 Replies latest jw friends

• Fe2O3Girl
    Fe2O3Girl

Asparagus - char grilled.

Fennel - sliced and fried in butter till it is just soft.

Celeriac - Mashed with potato and butter and black pepper.

Swoon.

• iggy_the_fish
    iggy_the_fish

Cuckoo,

Ditto Blondie - and I was even married to a few.....

Watermelons or vegetables? Surely not fruits?? ig.

• kls
    kls

I hate vegtables except corn and squash but i will eat cucumbers and lettuce .

Peas

Tomatoes

beans

and all the other veggies

but i love fruit

• whyamihere
    whyamihere

Hey Jeff.......

I was thinking how good fresh vegatables are, and I have a small back yard, but I might want to try to grow my own.

Do you have any advice and tips?

Brooke

• Emma
    Emma

I love the broad, Italian green beans. Fresh tomatoes, too. We have a wonderful farmer's market here and are already getting asparagus and rhubarb. I can't wait! I could live on just fresh vegetables.

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

If it produces seeds, it's a "fruit". If it doesn't produce seeds or is eaten in the flower stage, it's a veggie.

Tomatos are fruits, technically. So are squash (yes squash is of the gord family, but I dunno about melons). Eggplant? Fruit. Potatos? Veggie, of the root variety. If the seeds are eaten, as in green beans and peas, it's a veggie of the legume family.

BTW: Tomato, eggplant, and potatos are related; they are all of the nightshade family! However, do not eat the red fruit from a potato plant after it flowers, it can make you very sick.

Tomatos, fresh and sunwarmed off the vine. Mmmmmmm. Fresh spinach salad with orange slices and orange-poppyseed dressing and bacon bits. Mmmmmmm.

• Sweetp0985
    Sweetp0985

Eggplant

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo

Iggy - lol - definitely vegetables.

• Little Red Hen
    Little Red Hen

Asparagus, sweet corn, radishes, fresh tarragon and lemon thyme. even though they are herbs. Rubarb. I have a great cake recipe for it. (wipes drool off lower lip)

• liquidsky
    liquidsky
    I love the little mini ears of corn in stir fry.

omg yum! I loooooove baby corn. Asparagus, garlic, beans, snow peas & cucumbers.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit