Were you told you had to tolerate things as a test?

by LongHairGal 27 Replies latest jw experiences

• stevenyc
    stevenyc

Yep, regarding Birthday's. I aksed my mother why we don't celebrate them with no biblical support. She said, 'It's a test from Jehovah'

steve

• crazyblondeb
    crazyblondeb

I imagine the elders and my parents thought I must have been sent as their "test"!!

And boy did I enjoy tesing, and testing them!

• Petruska
    Petruska
    Yep, regarding Birthday's. I aksed my mother why we don't celebrate them with no biblical support. She said, 'It's a test from Jehovah'

That's sad stevenyc...

Whewn we are kids our JW parent's ofthen used to say a lot of crap... Like:

"If you don't behave at prayer God will send a ray of light right into you head!!"

• Terry
    Terry
    As a Witness and when I talked to Witness apologists, my "issues" were deferred. If I had a practical (read "hard") question I was told to put my question on the shelf and move on. "Jehovah" will "provide" an answer in "His" time. I was told that for every single question. The shelf was getting overloaded.

If I did something the elders didn't like they came at me swinging. If some Witness I didn't like did something obviously "wrong", the elders told me to "wait on Jehovah". Why the hell did they get the "J wait" and I got blasted? lol

No JUSTICE.

Justice is getting what you deserve. NOT SO IN JW'S PHONEY ORGANIZATION!

They cannot administer justice. THEY CANNOT administer justice!

Why?

Theirs is a myth-based society of imaginary causes and effects. For their illusory house of cards to stand they must constantly DEFY CAUSE AND EFFECT!

"Wait on Jehovah" is a suspension of cause and effect. The Kingdom Halls abound in __effects__which they pretend were not "caused". You must ignore the cause! Wish it away.

All the mountains of petty offenses are like rotting corpses. But, you pretend it is the scent of sweet roses.

Why?

There is no DIVINE AUTHORITY in "Jehovah's" organization. It is a movie-set with fake walls. The illusion of reality comes from the camera angle and the lighting and the point of view of the Directors sitting in Brooklyn. You are forced to sit in the audience and view everything through that one forced perspective or the illusion crumbles into phoney Hollywood "magic".

Millions of JW's worldwide suffer from no-justice.

No JUSTICE is possible. JUSTICE admits the balance of cause and effect is necessary to keep fairness in play.

But, no. Faithful and Discreet Slave overlords suspend the laws of nature and provide their own.

You lift yourself by your own bootlaces or you perish in the local Kingdom Hall.

As they use to say in the 60's in a different context:

NO JUSTICE; NO PEACE!

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

:A witness fruitcake tied his mother's dog to a truck bumper and dragged it to death in front of the whole neighborhood because it bit him and probably for good reason, and NOT ONE THING was ever done about.

I'd like to tie that shitbag to a bumper and drag him around town. I'm gonna start a thread about witnesses and animal rights.

GBL

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

Terry:

You raise good points. In fact I raised them myself on a separate thread about justice. That is the whole point. They cannot administer justice. Not just because theirs is a phoney baloney illusion in which they expect you to swallow injustice or "absorb" the problem but because I have serious doubts that god is actually going to pay back every living person for every wrong thing they ever did!

I hated the expression "wait on Jehovah" because all it meant was that nobody was going to do anything to change anything there. I feel this expression was over-used and mis-used. It really refers to the big picture like the scene of the world, etc. It does not refer to small things that we all can do. After all, he did give us a brain.

LHG

• Petruska
    Petruska

Interesting words LongHairGal:

Administering justice "wait in Jeohvah" how convenient... right!?

But what about Jo? the one who got hill and abandoned by his wife, kids and all his wealthness!? A good exemple to "wait in Jeohvah". They ofthen toll me that....

Thats why I'm still confused...

But than again LongHairGal you say:

After all, he did give us a brain... despite all I'm not stupid but confused...

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

Petruska:

Yes, it is confusing. They like to use the story of Job. But let's not forget that was a special case. He was especially targeted and Jehovah was allowing all those things to happen to him. Everything that happened to him was out of his hands and he could not stop it, from the physical affliction to the deaths of his children. These things were "acts of God" or "Satan" if you will.

In today's world what happens in dubland are not acts of god but rather acts of man that can either be prevented or rectified in some way.

There is no excuse!

LHG

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit