I miss my mother...

by mrsjones5 17 Replies latest jw friends

• Es
    Es

Its just so unnatural to be abondened by your parents...even tho i still talk to mine only just it still dissapoints me what kind of parents they have turned out to be. Especially now that i have a child of my own I could never cut off my son no matter what he did es

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz
    it still dissapoints me what kind of parents they have turned out to be.

That's where I am right now.

I feel for you, Josie. It's not your fault even though these people will try to make it seem that way. Don't buy the emotional blackmail.

Jeannie

• moanzy
    moanzy

Me too! I wish I had at least one of my sisters or brothers(out of 5)and at least my mom! It sure feels crappy to be voted least on the list of our parents priorities. What a shame that our mom's would give up their children for an institution.

Moanzy

• LyinEyes
    LyinEyes

I am so sorry you miss your Mother so bad. I can relate , although the situation is different for me, my Mama passed away over 19 yrs ago. I still miss her sooooo much. I hope you can at least let your Mom know you miss her and think of her. Can you send her some flowers, with a note that wouldn't leave any doubt in her mind that they came from you? Does she work? Send them there. Write her a letter, leave it in her car, certified mail so she has to sign for it,,,,,,maybe not put your name on it. Catch her going to the grocery store , or WalMart while dad is working or busy.

Don't give up, find a way to reach your Mother, life is too short and time is sooooo precious.

I wish you the best and her too, you are lucky to still have her and I know she must hurt over you as well. Where there is a will there is a way , to let her know how much you miss her.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

i called my parents today to see if they had gotten the message i left last friday. I had sent a package to my brother and i had placed some stuff for my mother in the same package, since my brother lives so much closer than i do and i was letting my parents know that he had mom's stuff. i did this before the big blowout and the silent treatment from the parental units. so i called, got my father who proceeded to tell me that i shouldnt have sent the stuff to my brother. i told him the reason why i did so. he kept saying over and over i shouldnt have done that. mom's on the phone too and dad gets off. mom tells me that the stuff is just going to have to stay at my brother's cuz she's not callin him. and why did i send it to him? good lord! he's their son who they see more than me, why not send it there? and they didnt call me back cuz they decided to call me was asking for a fight. i told her i wasnt going to fight her over a package and i sent it before this mess hit the fan. good god i just wanted to hit a wall. if i could have i would have reached through the phone and slapped them both a good one.

Josie

• Jez
    Jez

Here is a poem I wrote to my mother:

HOW CAN YOU?How can someone raise and then not?
    How can someone's blood run through another yet not?
    How can someone say they love another, and yet not show it ever?
    How can someone say that they will be there, yet never are?
    How can someone assume that they are not needed for eternity?
    How can someone say they listen yet always talk?
    How can they act like God approves of shunning their own flesh and blood?
    How can they love strangers more than their own?
    How can they treat others with love, yet their own with anger and apathy?
    Where do they find endless patience for strangers, yet not an ounce of understanding for what is theirs?
    Why would they side with hurt and danger, and not with true love and safety?
    Why do they act like they do not feel?
    How do they feel when they do not act?
    How do they feel when they are needed, yet refuse?
    How do they sleep at night?
    How does one bury a natural instinct?
    How do they stop it from welling up and exploding?
    Where do thoughts of the past go?
    How do you not ache for what should run so deep?
    What is their life about if not about pure love of what you brought here?
    How can you shut the door when not one of your very own could shut the door on you, ever?
    How can you judge when not one of yours could eternally judge you?
    Why are you angry when we are the innocent ones?
    Why don't you know better?
    Why don't you learn?
    Why are you the only one that has the right to try again?
    Why are you always right, and others always wrong?
    How can we be misguided and the one that should have guided, claims they have guidance?
    Why did you not impart guidance?
    Where are you?
    Why do you want to be alone in this world?
    Why are we never worthy of your expectations?
    What must we do?
    What could we do?
    Why even try?
    How could you call yourself a mother?

• LyinEyes
    LyinEyes

Jez I love that poem. That is how I feel about my Father, I just don't understand how he has treated me over the years.

He called me out of the blue last December, after 3 years of not speaking at all. I never returned his call, because I have put alot , not all, of the tears away and I felt more at peace. Letting him back in my life after so much , is more than I was able to handle at the time and I am not sure if I am willing to open old wounds right now.

• Jez
    Jez

So sorry Lyineyes. I have moved on as well from my mother and do not miss her judgemental "God sees everything you know" attitude. All she talks about is how bad the world is. Nope, I am done and I just tell myself, "It was not me that made this decision, it was her." You know, basically what they say about us.

Jez

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit