When you watched Star Wars did you feel like me?

by skyman 12 Replies latest jw friends

• darkuncle29
    darkuncle29

When I see Anakin and the emperor, I see a very disturbed young man being manipulated by his emotions run amuck--ok, his emotions aren't actually manipulating him, but they are the leverage points.

I think of this as just a sick (sadly, also an un-aware) dynamic. Between individuals, groups, or even governments and those ruled.

• zen nudist
    zen nudist

as with most religions the dark side was pictured as SELFISH while the other side was SELF-LESS

and that is how JWs want the Borg Drones to be, selfless pawns to be manipulated and martyred for their reward IN HEAVEN.

SELF-SACRIFCE is another word for suicide folks.

what is the point of getting yourself saved if you are not the one being saved in the end, just a soulless husk devoted to slavish following?

• Gill
    Gill

Sorry but I never saw it that way. I always think of the Emperor being the WTBTS and Anakin has been converted to the 'troof'. The 'troof' is the Dark Side that is looking foward to destuction of everyone with it's evil space station.

Finally Anakin sees the error of his way and leaves the troof, thus throwing the WTBTS to it's doom.

Hence the happy orgy on the planet of the teddy bears!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit