When you watched Star Wars did you feel like me?

by skyman 12 Replies latest jw friends

• skyman
    skyman

I could not help but think when the JW's watch Star Wars that Anakin Skywalker Darth Vader types in their minds are the Apostates on the Dark Side selling their souls to the Devil. I think some JW's will feel a self in powering zeal that testifies to their soul how misguided the all of us are. I Know that when my brother (Self righteous Elder) watches this movie he will liken Anakin Skywalker to his poor misguided apostate brother. That's me by the way.

Did any one else think the same way I did when they watched the movie?

• ScoobySnax
    ScoobySnax

Yes all the time.

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

I can't believe how many topics have been started on this subject! I posted the first one here at http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/91287/1.ashx ,hehe

GBL

• Sith
    Sith

My ex-JW wife told me, when I began losing interest in the cult, that it was like watching Anakin turn to the Dark Side. What's why I chose this particular screen name. When I think back on it now, it feels like a compliment

• skyman
    skyman

Am glad to know that others have felt the same way as me.

Thank You Guys

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

nope I must truly say all I could think about is how cool it would be if those light sabers were real and I could have one.......though I can see how it relates to what you guys are saying too, but you see even Darth is good (riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight at the end)

• Thegoodgirl
    Thegoodgirl

I was describing the movie to my sister (DF'd) and I found myself using JW terms to describe what happened. We were both laughing. When Annikan "Left the truth", etc. It was just the easiest way to describe the plot.

• love2Bworldly
    love2Bworldly

Actually the latest Star Wars was as exciting to me as the original ones that came out when I was a teenager, I had started to lose interest in Star Wars.

So I wasn't thinking about the Jdubs, I was remembering the enjoyment and excitement I had when I was young watching Star Wars.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

I thought the conversations between Anakin and Emperor reminded me of a JW bible study where the student was being told that his current family and friends are bad association and will try to sway him from learning the "The Truth" (Real Power of the Force).

Remember how we were supposed to tell people this? We were supposed to convince the student that ANY opposition from current friends and family were evil satanic conspiracies. This is exactly what the Emperor did with Anakin. The Emperor then tempted Anakin with Eternal Life - the same thing JWs temps new students with.

• TheListener
    TheListener

I also felt that current dubs would link Anakin with apostates. It made me uncomfortable; though I enjoyed the movie.

When I reflected upon the whole story of Star Wars I think that perhaps the Republic had lived its life and was ready to be replaced by a different system. Yes, in Star Wars episode IV Darth Vader destroys life wantonly, but in the first three movies (or is that the last three movies; episodes 1-3) the republic seems stagnant and ready to crumble. The entire Jedi council couldn't find one Sith and his apprentice? Come on, they deserved to be beaten. When they came back in episode VI they wanted it, they earned it, and the galaxy is once again at peace.

By the way, I though Darth Sidious was right about learning about all facets of the force. Why wouldn't the Jedi know the good and the bad. How could they hope to fight something they were unfamiliar with.

Oh my god i'm a nerd.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit