Know any Victims of MORE than One Cult?

by GetBusyLiving 24 Replies latest jw friends

• Petruska
    Petruska

I'm confused...

What about 'maturity' in how we all learned about Jehovah? Have to confess I don't understand who is capable of getting out JW and going to another... or am I still a blind with JW!?

A pertinent question:

How many times do you know an ex-JW went back !? Is there any rate or.. Guiness book!?

I'd call maturity level

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

:Have to confess I don't understand who is capable of getting out JW and going to another... or am I still a blind with JW!?

Some people feel a void after they leave the dubs. They miss the structure of the meetings and the instant 'friends' that go with that. And some people feel like they will be pleasing God if they are a part of a specific religion. It makes God more real to them I guess. Unfortunetly some don't really understand the characteristics of a cult and get sucked right back into another one.

GBL

• doogie
    doogie
    Have to confess I don't understand who is capable of getting out JW and going to another... or am I still a blind with JW!?

to go along with what GBL said, i think especially for those of us that were raised a JW, that structure and dependency is the only way we understand how to function after leaving. it takes time to sit back and really figure out our own moral code and our own personal opinions on things. some don't take that step and crave the dependency they used to have so they find it elsewhere.

• scotsman
    scotsman

Yes, I know of two Witnesses who left to join the LDS and have subsequently moved on from that too. They weren't complete mugs...

• RichieRich
    RichieRich
    you never see non-religous zealots blowing themselves up do ya

Actually, there are non-religious destructive cults.

It was a joke- but whatever.

• ljwtiamb
    ljwtiamb
    to go along with what GBL said, i think especially for those of us that were raised a JW, that structure and dependency is the only way we understand how to function after leaving. it takes time to sit back and really figure out our own moral code and our own personal opinions on things. some don't take that step and crave the dependency they used to have so they find it elsewhere.

Excellent points! That potential VOID is what I seem to fear the most. Even at my age, i'll be a sitting duck for whatever else comes along.

I literally have known NOTHING ELSE in my entire life (& i'm only halfway through)!

I'm thankful that the I-net is, at least, allowing me a vehicle for getting throught these initial stages.

• Petruska
    Petruska

GetBusyLiving and doogie, tank you.

I suppose that's the trouble... a void and dependency.

Nice words. (realy)

• Mary
    Mary

I've known a few Dubs who have left and become Born Again Idiots..........

• hibiscusfire
    hibiscusfire

Born again idiots?

• littlerockguy
    littlerockguy

Does Amway-selling JWs count?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit