The small size of KH windows

by helios 15 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Room 215
    Room 215

I perceive that what has increased is not hatred of JWs (most people around them seem to regard them as nutty but innocuous), but the JW's paranoia: ergo the windowless Kingdom Halls. Take for example the fairly attractive Kingdom Hall, complete with large windows, illustrated in the 1958 book ``From Paradise Lost to Paradie Regained." It was, I understand, based on an actual hall in Englewood, New Jersey, and a far cry from today's fortress-like KHs.

• delilah
    delilah

I do remember as a young witness, the windows in our KH were constantly targeted for smashing....so after 2 years of constantly replacing the glass, they remodeled, and they removed the windows completely... end of troubles.....

Dee

• EvilForce
    EvilForce

Because windows would indicate an outwardly looking view of the world.....Lord knows the Dub's are insular, and inward looking. If KingDumb Hall design / architechture is any indication of what Paradise would be, I'll take a pass from the white vyinled siding, carport, double wide trailer like design of said paradise. To Dub's a Walmart and it's architechture must be a Frank Gehry building.....screw the Guggenheim in Bilbao Spain, we got us a Walmart. Damn Dubs.

• steve2
    steve2

I loved the earlier poster's description of one whole side of the Kingdom Hall that had absolutely no windows and consisting only of an exterior wall. Now, if the JWs could just carry that windowless theme all the way around the entire building, the numberless ambivalent hangers-on would have the perfect excuse not to go to meetings: "Oh dear, we can't get inside".

• cypher50
    cypher50

Sounds crazy but this is one of the things that got me thinking about whether there was something wrong with the organization...I never could feel like the grand cathedrals of Europe or mosques in the Middle East were an "abomination" but I felt the architecture of the Kingdom Halls wasn't inviting but instead insular & cold. It is one thing to not want extravagant edefices but the JWs architecture emits a level of paranoia about safety...

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo

Not something I thought about till on here - there's a Kingdom hall local to me without windows (in a sleepy, 'old' area of Engalnd) - the reason cannot be vandalism - maybe economy ? smaller windows = smaller heating bills?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit