The small size of KH windows

by helios 15 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• helios
    helios

It was only a few days ago when driving through a small town in the UK I noted a KH. Nothing unusual except that one side wall was totally devoid of anything. The other side of the building revealed three very small windows, and I mean small. It made me realise just how insular and inward looking the KHs are in the UK. Our local KH has small windows but at least they have them on both sides. Is this normal? Are all KHs throughout the world like this? Recently when they speed built a KH in our area, complete with very small windows, a representative boasted that unlike churches that enjoy a dark and gloomy interior, KHs were built to enjoy lots of light. Lots of light? Well certainly not from daylight.I look at the chapel where we as a family worship and the windows sweep up to the ceiling. I visit our 12 century church and the vast gothic windows spread light everywhere. So howcome the JWs do not like the light? Could they be trying to tell us something?

• lawrence
    lawrence

The small windows are by design with the following reasoning from God's Therapists (G.B.):

1. There is no need to look outside - all Light is inside.

2. There should never be a reason for boredom at a KingDumb Hall, so nobody would be looking out the window, or wanting to.

3. Weather is unimportant, for within the Spiritual Paradise there is neither sun nor rain nor snow, only God's warmth.

4. Windows invite rocks from outside, and many are angry at the WTS these days.

5. Windows need to be washed and the breathren are too busy preaching the Bad News.

6. Without windows, the jail motif is appropriate to get the Other Sheep ready for when detention camps are reserved for Dubs.

• blondie
    blondie

Small windows = theft and security concerns.

Around here many new churches and remodeled churches have either no windows or small windows, too small for a human body to squeeze through. There have been many burglaries targeting religious buildings in the last 5 years.

The only other motive is the lower construction cost if no windows are installed. With the advent of HVAC, such buildings have become possible and can be comfortable.

Many insurance companies give a break to organizations with windowless buildings.

Blondie

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

Small windows = lack of oxygen to the brain = brain sends signals to start yawning & fall asleep. People WE WANT THEM TO KEEP SMALL WINDOWS!!!!

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974
    Small windows = lack of oxygen to the brain = brain sends signals to start yawning & fall asleep. People WE WANT THEM TO KEEP SMALL WINDOWS!!!!

Hmmn you could have a point here but maybe...(conspiracy theory alert) thats what the JWs want....isnt the brain more receptive just as you drift off into sleep...?

Its all part of the mind control!!!!

DB74

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Small windows are harder to escape through.

• lilbit
    lilbit

I remember asking my dad about that as a kids he told me it was because when armageddon started we would probably all go to the KH for shelter and it was so we would be safe and not have to see what was going on outside. Anyone else ever get told anything like that?

lilbit

• FairMind
    FairMind
    Small windows are harder to escape through

And NO windows (like at my KH) make escape impossible. lol

• minimus
    minimus

I was reading in the New York Post the other day about a little 5 year old boy at Walmart that wanted to win a little stuffed animal in those big arcade games. Well, his mom said he couldn't do it. When she was not looking, he somehow climbed thru the chute and lo and behold, he WAS playing with all the animals! A crowd surrounded and some even took pictures because this little boy found a way to get in there. Finally, the firefighters were called to open the back of the machine and take out the little boy. His mom said something like, "He's a very determined little boy".......My point? The size of a window is immaterial to just getting out!

• ozziepost
    ozziepost
    2. There should never be a reason for boredom at a KingDumb Hall, so nobody would be looking out the window, or wanting to.

4. Windows invite rocks from outside, and many are angry at the WTS these days.

I agree with these two!

Y'know it seems strange but downunder our Kingdom Halls have loads of big windows.

Now would that be because;

1. the meetings are more interesting
    2. everyone's asleep anyway
    3. they don't give a stuff!
    4. other

Oops, I'm back into Weekend Polling mode!!!!

Cheers, Ozzie (permanently upside down class)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit