Where else will you find such true friends?

by sass_my_frass 18 Replies latest jw friends

• hartstrings
    hartstrings

Totally agree Sass!!

Spent the day with JW inlaws who are visiting from out of state. They know my JW fleshly sister back in the old cong and said that she told them that she can't wait to see me. Yeah, whatever, that explains why you haven't called since last September when we were pounded with a massive hurricane (I'm sure she called just to have the "scoop" anyway). In the last year, since I've been out and making REAL friends, I have, for the first time started to fill the empty hole in my heart where true "sisterhood" is supposed to go. It is so nice to have my friends call me without an alterior motive, just because they actually care about me.

Yes, this is a hot button for me! LOL!

HS

• simplesally
    simplesally

Real friends will stick by you even when you make dumb decisions............JW's only care if you are within their organization

• doofdaddy
    doofdaddy

Yeah you're right. I spent yesterday planting trees in a national park with about 10 others. Afterwards I had a feeling of peace and satsfaction, something I did feel occasionally after preaching(don't like the term witnessing). I learned heaps about the people I share my community with....

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

So where does everybody else make friends? They used to be handed to me on a plate...

• Gill
    Gill

sass! That's what you call a 'weekend'! Think what you did for those parents though! Well done you and your friends!

Gumby! LOL! I would have liked to have seen you sort that elder. It would have gone down in 'apostate' folklore history like LittleToe's d'A. talk!

Seattleniceguy - too right. I have never met anyone as unfriendly and uncaring as the JWs. When your chips are down...where are they.... not by your side that's for sure.

• luna2
    luna2

I only made a couple of what I would consider true friends while I was a JW. With the rest I always felt it was conditional. How can you be true friends with someone when you know they'd turn you in to the elders in a heartbeat if you did something "wrong" or if you had to be careful of every word that came out of your mouth?

• Gill
    Gill

You can't luna, that's the problem.

You have to watch your back, be careful what you say, and accept the fact that everything you do say will be reported and spread around for others to disect and gossip about. 'Constant vigilance!' It does your head in, in the end.

I never had one 'real' JW friend. Any problem I had they all disappeared on me, despite the fact that if any of them had a problem I would make every effort to help. They were too lost in the concept of JW perfection. It doesn't exist and therefore they're doomed to both disappointment and to disappoint.

• Honesty
    Honesty
    I'll never forget the dipshit, asswipe, pudhead CO ( can't remember which one) who said during his Sunday talk....that "there is no real love outside of the Organisation" and..." that those that haven't come to know jehovah didn't know what REAL LOVE was".

Funny you mention real love. I taught my Sunday School class yesterday and thanked them for showing me what Christian love is all about during the past 6 months. I left a High Control Cult religion in November 2004 because their love for others is determined by how 'spiritually strong' the recipient of their love is. The definition for 'spiritually strong' in that cult religion is based on the number of hours a person spends distributing cult literature, how many of the 45 meetings per week a person attends on a very regular basis and how loyal a person is in following all the rules and regulations of the cult. I am so thankful that I found out that real love exists and is uncoditional.

• doofdaddy
    doofdaddy

Sass, I'm a youth worker so am familiar with your weekend of fun!! As far as getting real friends post jw's, what are your interests? Do you like music? dancing ? cooking? There are 6 billion people on this planet. Go out and meet some of them, travel. The vast majority of people are honest and open, despite what you were forced to believe as a child. And most want a new friend. Go get ém!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit