Tape recorder ? for ex or current elders

by loosie 15 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• loosie
    loosie

Ok all you guys out there in the know. I've always wondered why in JC's elders worry about tape recorders being on. I mean this is a JC not the FBI. What's the big deal about tape recorders?

• jst2laws
    jst2laws

Loosie,

It may not be the FBI, but they have the similarity of having the public image of being benevolent causing only harm for the greater good of all and yet having some terrible screw ups they desperately hope will never become public knowledge.

Richard Rawe was DF'd four times. His wife was smart enough twenty years ago to record her DFing meeting and the result was the reversal of the judicial committee's decision. This was possibly the beginning of this WT policy.

Today the WT is involved in an enormous "Cover your Butt" turmoil. Litigation is possibly around the corner of every judicial decision. They must walk a legal tight rope now to stay out of court. But they cannot count on the local "janitors" (as JT calls them) to handle matters judiciously nor to avoid opening their mouth regarding who is really calling the shots and why. These 'moments of truth', if recorded, could put them in an indefensible lawsuit, especially where they have stepped outside the boundaries of "ecclesiastical privilege".

Jst2laws

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

I am always on mutiple audio/video recorders all the time.At base camp,when i step out on my person and in my vehicle.Everybody in town has a 'head's up' on it,including the police,media,my church it's public knowledge.

As an anti-watchtower activist I need this protection from the jehovah's witnesses 'goons for God' stalkers and i've been out for 14 years.

Real Video clip on the street with a JW

Come and get it....

• loosie
    loosie

so then it would be a good idea then that every conversation we have with an elder we should have a tape recorder on us. I mean nowadays they are as small as pens. We can ALWAYS refuse a strip search.

• EvilForce
    EvilForce

Danny, great video... it makes me laugh.

I do wonder about how bitter you are though....and maybe that side just shows thru here on the site. So I don't want to judge but just a note of concern that I wouldn't want you drive yourself insane anymore than necessary for these bafoons.

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

I am what we need, a militant apostate guerrilla warrior a watchtower's very own created frankenstein's monster.

I have already done my devestating crash post exit a number of years ago.I am a haunting zombie back from the dead

This is fun and games for me.The fiercest enemy is the person with nothing to lose.

I am the WT's very own frankeinstein's monster--defined as the creature that turns on it's creator.How do you like me watchtower?Your very own creation loose and now out of your control,your own voodo doodo

Eeeeek,run for cover it's the dawn of the living dead the apostate hordes are coming..

Danny 'nukes of haszard' in your face in cyberspace

• EvilForce
    EvilForce

OH, it looks like it's your birthday too!!! Congrats!!!

If it's something you enjoy doing and doesn't bring you pain then go for it. I'm working on writing a book so that's how I get my satisfaction from exposing these a**holes.

• Honesty
    Honesty

Early last year 2 elders wanted to talk with me about some issues they 'needed cleared up.' I went in with a mini tape recorder and immediately took it out and placed it in front of me on the desk as I turned it on. Then I said, "What is it exactly that you want to discuss?". They wanted the tape recorder to go but I refused unless I could have my attorney present to witness the proceedings. Tape recorder stayed and then I asked them when they were through interrogating me if they felt the need to call a JC and they said, "no". I wouldn't talk to any of those wolves in sheep's clothing without a recorder.

• jst2laws
    jst2laws

Loosie,

so then it would be a good idea then that every conversation we have with an elder we should have a tape recorder on us. I mean nowadays they are as small as pens. We can ALWAYS refuse a strip search.

And it is legal, in most states, as long as one person involved (YOU) is willing to be recorded. Small digital recorders go anywhere and are undetectable.

The local elders do not understand the issues and are simply obeying and protecting "Mother".

Modern technology combined with WWW communcation does not allow cults to thrive. No wonder they are only growing in third world countries. RECORD, RECORD, RECORD.

Jst2laws

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

Heads up! Micro cassetes usually have to be uploaded and dubed onto a standard full size to get volume on a big machine to play to a jury.You want it to sound with real clarity and not mushy. The sony clear voice 'pressman' full size tape standard cassette recorder $35.00 i have 5 this is what journalist and reporters use for good reason

Click to enlarge

SONY TCM-210DV Standard Cassette Voice Recorder

Sony TCM-210DV Standard Cassette Voice Recorder

Record and review with ease? Sony?s TCM-210DV Standard Cassette Recorder includes an AC adaptor and cassette to conserve batteries and provide virtually unlimited recording and playback time when an AC power source is available. In addition, features like Double recording time, Voice operated recording, Playback speed control, 25 hour battery life* with 2 "AA" batteries, Automatic shut-off (at tape end), One touch recording and playback, Sony-MaticĀ® automatic recording level control, and the Clear Voice? recording system help you get it all on tape. Utilize the Built-in microphone, LED battery level indicator, External microphone jack, Stop/Pause release function, and the Cue and review function as you enjoy improved sound from the large playback speaker.

Features :
    • Includes AC Adaptor and Cassette
    • Double Recording Time
    • Voice Operated Recording
    • External Microphone Jack
    • Playback Speed Control
    • 25 Hour Battery Life*
    • Built-In Microphone
    • LED Battery Level Indicator
    • Clear Voice? Recording System
    • Large Playback Speaker for Improved Sound
    • Automatic Shut-Off At End of Tape