Name Some Rules/Things That Are Peculiar To Jehovah's Witnesses

by minimus 27 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

JWS love the idea of being persecuted because it says to them that they are God's chosen people.

• Sith
    Sith

You can be a fat hog but you can't smoke, because your body is Jahoober's temple

• stevenyc
    stevenyc

The only group I know who have written their own version of the bible, alted to fit their own ideas, and then proclaim its Gods word.

steve

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

Sith how true, you never see a JW disfellowshipped for gluttony. Just something interesting I would like to add, you don't have to be fat to be a glutton either.

I wonder how many of the GB smoked before they said No more Smoking. Or I guess if you were a good christian you wouldn't smoke. Whatever.

OFC

• delilah
    delilah

How about driving through the upper-class neighbourhoods, while in the "field ministry", picking and choosing which home they are going to inhabit after armageddon destroys the present owners.....that one stunned me beyond belief!!!

Dee

• loosie
    loosie

You can't be in the car alone with a member of the opposite sex. because they all know you're gonna do the wild thing at the next stop light.

• Mary
    Mary

Dear god, where do I start?

1. You can get DF'd for celebrating birthdays or Christmas
    2. You are DISCOURAGED from doing charity work
    3. You can invest a hundred grand in the stock market, lose it and no one cares, but if you spend $1.00 on a lottery ticket and win, then you're a greedy bitch and be disfellowshipped.
    4. You are discouraged from making anything of yourself in this world
    5. Four door cars are a sign of righteousness
    6. You have to have two eye witnesses that can verify that someone molested a child before they'll do anything.
  • littlerockguy
    littlerockguy

Not to mention a lot of dubs I knew were the most materialistic people I have seen on the planet but you were criticized for trying to better your lot in life.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit