Whatever happened to the KINGDOM SMILE???

by Latte 23 Replies latest jw friends

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

I used to peel mine off and put it away, kind of like - do you remember the alien beings in a TV series called "V"?

Now when I smile , at least I mean it.

• AuntieJane
    AuntieJane

Look in your pocket!

I have something in my pocket that belongs across my face

and I keep it very close at hand in a most convenient place.

I'm sure you would not guess it if it takes a long, long while.

So I'll take it off and put it on, It's a GREAT BIG Brownie Kingdom SMILE!

(ummm...couldn't resist. this was a Brownie song, doubt many of you

knew this one)

AuntieJane, formerly of Troop 112 (thanks for the memory!)

• Latte
    Latte

AuntieJjane.......LOL

Thanks for sharing that with us!

I certainly never got the chance to go brownies, I take it you got involves with the Witlesses later in life.

• Englishman
    Englishman

Reminds me of the time that the JW's had a District assembly at Portsmouth. As they left the ground some old boy observing remarked: "You can tell that they lost - look at their faces!".

Englishman.

• Latte
    Latte

Mike, it's all written in the face - so they say eh? So, so miserable!

"You can tell that they lost - look at their faces!".

Last year we happened to see the assembley at MEN arena empty, believe me people were RUNNING out of the place! I bet they couldn't wait to get home!

I am so that I am no longer part of it. I am even more pleased that my children do not have to endure the cult upbringing that I had.

• DannyHaszard
  • Simon
    Simon
    Reminds me of the time that the JW's had a District assembly at Portsmouth. As they left the ground some old boy observing remarked: "You can tell that they lost - look at their faces!".

I thought that was just expected of people leaving Portsmouth's ground

• ohnightdivine
    ohnightdivine

I had to post in here as well. The 'kingdom smile' is alive and thriving!

Even my JW 'friends' on Facebook always makes it a point to add hashtags

of that 'kingdom smile' and 'best life ever'. Oh well... whatever makes you happy.

• Vidiot
  • sir82
    sir82

Nice thread resurrection.

If you want to see an expression of true JW emotions, just look at their faces while a meeting is going on (easier if you are a WT reader, for example).

Ain't no "Kingdom smiles" there!

The look on the majority, as best as I can describe it, is a balanced mix of utter boredom, hopeless desperation, and abject misery.

Just about what I would expect if they were instead forced to watch hours of old "Lawrence Welk" reruns while strapped to a chair, with the volume maximized and the black & white picture blurry.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit