Who Likes Roller Coaster?

by simplesally 28 Replies latest jw friends

• Golden Girl
    Golden Girl

When I was a child..a long time ago!..We always had our school picnic (End of year) at a place called Forest Park Highlands. (Burned down)

They had a rollar coaster that had wooden supports..remember this was the "Olden Days"..all they had to hold you in was a generic metal bar that sat in your lap. Well I was a tall and skinny child. I was probably 5'6 and only weighed 85 or 90 pounds..no muscle!

When the rollar coaster took off it jerked. I was with a guy schoolmate and he rode next to me. He was bigger so the bar didn't come down tight on me!

When we went around the top curve and shot down I came out of my seat! I just knew I was going to fly out on the next curve..I must have turned white because the guy next to me put his arms on my shoulders to hold me in.

I shook so bad when I got off and I will never ever be able to get on one again.

My girfriend and I went with two guys one time to 6 flags. The guy I was with thought it was funny that I was so scared so he picked me up and carried me and put me in the seat of a rollar coaster...well while he was getting in I got off on the other side and the coaster started going.

He got so mad!...Stupid jerk!..But he sure was cute.. But not cute enought to get ME on a rollar coaster!

Then they had that stupid cable thing that is like a skyride..it takes you around the park UP IN THE AIR...like a ski lift..

When I got on that and it started jerking..I layed on the floor..no one could get me up!..

Well a few years later it broke!..I forget how many were killed but it was shut down several seasons..I guess till everyone forgot about it (except me!) then they reopened it.

No thanks..I'll stay on the ground!..

Snoozy...who doesn't like pain!

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

I've gone on some of the newer metal super-fast ones, and I've gotten headaches and neck pain. :( I love the old-fashioned wooden coasters...

• MelbaToast
    MelbaToast

OMG! I fricken LOVE coasters. I havent been to a park in the last few years, but the scarier, the better. And that new Kingda Ka looks pretty awesome! I bet it would be so fun to be in the front of that one. Unfortunately, my hubby (sic) doesnt feel the same way. In fact he hates riding rides. So I am trying to mold my 18-month old into thrill seeking as soon as possible so she can be my riding partner. Coz its just not as fun going on a coaster by yourself. But you cant ever get me on a ferris wheel, those things make me more afraid than any coaster.

My alltime scariest ride? Space mountain, I didnt have any idea what I was in store for, and the sheer darkness of it all scared the bejebus out of me. But I went a second time :)

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32

I absolutely *love* coasters. Six Flags in New Jersey is awesome!! I've also been to Six Flags Magic Mountain and Six Flags in Denver, but the NJ one is huge!

• the_classicist
    the_classicist

Roller Coasters are the spawn of Satan!

Nah, not really, I just don't like 'em.

• talesin
    talesin

MT,

Space Mountain rawks!

I can't do ferris wheels either ... lol just thinking about it, I fainted the last time I tried it ... drrrrrr

t

• MelbaToast
    MelbaToast

Those dang ferris wheels and the elongated cabs that spin up in the air, they make me ill. I got on one of the latter at a fair one time (bad idea anyway) and I was scared to death. I really thought I was going to die. But most rides Im good with....unfortunately, those are two I hate.

Kings Island in Cinci is also verrrrry fun as a great park. It was much better before Paramount took em over, but my fave rides are there....The Beast and King Cobra. Love em to pieces.

That space mountain was the only ride I was scared at in Disney World/ Epcot/ Conglomeration :P

• Swan
    Swan

P rophecor ,

There is a bundle out now with Rollercoaster Tycoon 2 and its two expansion packs for about $20.00 or less.

Version number 3 was a major disappointment for me and a big ripoff as far as I am concerned. This version was one step forward, and two steps back. It had so many bugs I started looking around for the picnic! The big selling point was that now you could ride the rides you designed, but designing those rides was tedious and cumbersome compared to the previous versions. Yes, the riding graphics were cool, and worked really well, but was a big "so what" for me. It was the designing of your coasters, watching the stats, and adjusting the ride, etc. to get the most perfect ride you could was what made the game so great in the first place. That was made so difficult in this version that it became very frustrating to me.

Version 2 is nice as bundle because you can save the scenery with your rides, and it has a Six-Flags license so you can play around in Magic Mountain, one of my favorite parks.

Tammy

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

I'll never forget riding The Loch Ness Monster at Busch Gardens when I was a kid. I was just barely tall enough to be allowed on. I was hooked after that.

Cedar Point in Sandusky Ohio is R/C paradise.

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

mmmmmmmmmmeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

busch gardens has great coasters...inc newly built wooden one

island of adventure has the hulk....brill

blackpool has the big one

alton towers is as good a park as any in the world imho

havent been on coasters for a couple years now so going to do this summer

inc stratosphere in the vegas

Share this

Google+
Pinterest