Who Likes Roller Coaster?

by simplesally 28 Replies latest jw friends

• simplesally
    simplesally

I love roller coasters, but I am so not sure if I would ride this new one at Six Flags. I went to their website and they have a virtual ride you can take!

Six Flags Unveils Fastest Roller Coaster
    Wednesday, September 29, 2004

JACKSON, N.J. ? Six Flags Great Adventure ( search ) is opening the world's tallest and fastest roller coaster this spring ? a thrill ride that accelerates to 128 mph in 3.5 seconds and rises 456 feet off the ground.

Plans for Kingda Ka ( search ), which is expected to be the cornerstone of new development at the central New Jersey amusement park, were to be unveiled Wednesday.

The current speed and height record holder is "Top Thrill Dragster" at Cedar Point amusement park in Sandusky, Ohio. Made by Intamin ? the same company Six Flags hired to build Kingda Ka ? Dragster shoots riders to 120 mph in 4 seconds and takes them to a height of 420 feet.

An animated depiction of Kingda Ka shows the coaster creeping slowly, stopping and then launching forward horizontally at nearly 130 mph before climbing at a 90-degree angle more than 45 stories above the park.

The coaster then spirals 270 degrees as it plummets, flattens out and climbs again as it shoots over a 129-foot hill, which the company says will make riders feel weightless. It's over in about 50 seconds.

"This is the first step in a process of really transforming Six Flags Great Adventure from the largest regional theme park in the world to a true regional destination," Kieran Burke, chief executive officer of Oklahoma City-based Six Flags, told The Associated Press.

• kls
    kls
    The coaster then spirals 270 degrees as it plummets, flattens out and climbs again as it shoots over a 129-foot hill, which the company says will make riders feel weightless. It's over in about 50 seconds.

Well doesn't that make ya just want to hurlThis monkey keeps all feet on the ground

• talesin
    talesin

Me! Me!

Sally, my first big roller coaster was out your way. I had been on the small one at Montreal's old Expo site, but Disneyland was my first ride that really scared the living daylights out of me hahahaha ! The Matterhorn Bobsled. My friend had the guy put me in the front seat,,, click, click, click.... then you are on top of the world ... ahhhh * scream yell all you want nobody cares *

Of course, that's nothing compared to the new ones ...

kls .. don't be askeered, try the Disney ones ... hehehe

t

• Mac
    Mac

I used to be a structural fabricator in a former life and I find myself constantly checking out the welds on the amusements.....

and it scares the freakin' hell out of me!!

mac

• johnny cip
    johnny cip

i went to six flags jackson n.j. last week and the new coster was not open. BOO! NOT sure how good it will be . it's only one hill plus a small hill. but i did ride the nitro coster there about 14 x and it is great. and a 12 hill ride. yahoo. john

• loosie
    loosie

I love roller coasters. They are 2nd most fun thing to do.

• prophecor
    prophecor

So much that I'm looking on the net for a R/C simulator.

• Swan
    Swan

I love em. I don't live near any, though, so I haven't been on one in years. Still, one of my favorite PC games is Rollercoaster Tycoon (versions 1 and 2, NOT 3 which was a piece of trash I paid way too much for).

Oh well, the curse of living in a soggy state.

Tammy

• prophecor
    prophecor

Gonna' try that out Tammy, thanx!

• fairchild
    fairchild

I get sick in and on pretty much anything that moves. Planes, cars, trains, boats, etc... the thought alone of going on a roller coaster makes me sick. But because I strongly wish to do everything at least once during my lifetime, I HAD to go on a roller coaster. This happened when I was 20, in an amusement park in Belgium. Heh, just a teeny small roller coaster, nothing like they have over here in the US. When that thing started "rolling", I swear I would have given EVERYTHING to make it stop. Might have been the most horrible 5 minutes of my entire lifetime. Yes, of course I threw up (on somebody else's T-shirt).

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit