VH1 Poster about Child abuse....

by EvilForce 25 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

I only read the paragraph from your post, EF, but they make it look as if no adults over 16 are molesting anyone! Like they are so innocent over there and everyone else is guilty of harboring them.

• Dragonlady76
    Dragonlady76

I just posted over there but the boards having tech probs so here is what I posted in response to the poster you quoted.

I was raised a Jehovah's Witness, as such I can offer a balanced opion on the Jehovah's Witness organization. I realized at a very young age there was something very wrong with a religion *cult* that requires total submission from followers. It's very high control and demanding of ones time as well. Mr. Bowen was very respectful in his interveiw and did not at all deviate from the truth about Jehovah's Witness. Now for all you active JW's of course your going to come to the defense of the Society it's a natural reaction. The fact is that the Jehovah's Witness organization has a very bad policy on protecting kids, how can you expect a 4 year old molested child to make up sexually graphic stories? No book the JW's have teach that. "How is it that you would expect a child molester to be stupid enough to have a 2nd eye witness to the crime?" "So if there was no eyewitness to the incident, does that mean it did not happen?" That's the problem here, a refusal to protect kids by informing parents and a rule that in no way would be fitting to the crime of molestation. *The Jehovah's Witness organazation requires 2 eye witness*
  • Dragonlady76
    Dragonlady76
    Jehovah's witnesses as an organization have never covered up such a thing, and that is a bunch of ridiculous crap. Maybe you were molested, but you probably liked it. Anyone that does such a thing is removed from the congregation. So, yes I guess you would say we have strict rules about sex, because we don't put up with child molestors. Maybe you were the molester, William, and that's why you were disfellowshipped, eh?!

This vile garbage is horrid!

But let them continue to post bullshit like this, it shows the world what the dubs are really like and that they condone coverups.

DL76

• vitty
    vitty

DL This quote made my stomach turn. I would never have been so stupid as to make a remake like this even as a JW. But it will do more harm than good to "normal" ppl hopefully

• sf
    sf

Oh, okay. Thanks for the link. I thought you were referring to the main mj board here:

http://www.vh1.com/artists/boards/main.jhtml/michael_jackson/ThreadList?offset=0

There are some jw threads there too.

sKally

• EvilForce
    EvilForce

I agree any "worldly" people that would see it would probably be sickened.

• talesin
    talesin

Yes, Evil, let's examine the WT stance from the viewpoint of a typical 'worldly' person, one of my friends ...

If the accused denies the charge, the two elders may arrange for him and the victim to restate their position in each other's presence, with elders also there.

So, you will re-offend the victim by forcing him (a child) to confront his abuser? Without having a therapist or police officer or any other professional present? WTH? Do they have any idea of how traumatic this would be?

In addition to making a report to the branch office, the elders may be required by law to report even uncorroborated or unsubstantiated allegations to the authorities. If so, we expect the elders to comply.

May be required? Are you telling me that your church's elders are only to report this to authorities if they are legally required ... do you mean to say that if not required by local law, they would fail to report?

Additionally, the victim may wish to report the matter to the authorities, and it is his or her absolute right to do so.

This pose sounds suspiciously like self-righteous glossing over of your failure to instruct your elders to act for the sake of the children. After what you have just put the victim thru by forcing them to confront their abuser, do you really think the child will feel confident in disclosing to another authority figure?

Even if he is repentant?is cut to the heart and is thus resolutely determined to avoid such conduct in the future?what was stated in the January 1, 1997, issue of The Watchtower applies. The article said: "For the protection of our children, a man known to have been a child molester does not qualify for a responsible position in the congregation. Moreover, he cannot be a pioneer [full-time missionary of Jehovah's Witnesses] or serve in any other special, full-time service." He would not qualify Scripturally.

How does this protect the children? Will the members of your congregation be informed that there is a child molester among them? No? WTF ??? This is nuts !

Our procedures have been refined over time. Over the years, as we have noted areas where our policies could be strengthened, we have followed through. We are continuing to refine them

It sounds to me like you are just covering your a$$, and refining your policies to fit the constraints imposed upon you by new changes to the laws of the land.

We do not believe that our system is perfect. No human organization is perfect. But we do believe that we have a strong, Bible-based policy on child abuse.

And you are the guys that also don't believe in blood transfusions, right? And let their kids die .. you are not christians, your religion should be eradicated from the face of the earth.

t

• under74
    under74

That's pretty funny...what are good upstanding witnesses doing on a VH1 forum?

• dh
    dh
    When any one of Jehovah's Witnesses is accused of an act of child abuse, the local congregation elders are expected to investigate. Two elders meet separately with the accused and the accuser to see what each says on the matter. If the accused denies the charge, the two elders may arrange for him and the victim to restate their position in each other's presence, (imagine doing this if the accuser was a kid or a woman who'd been raped) with elders also there. If during that meeting the accused still denies the charges and there are no others who can substantiate them, the elders cannot take action within the congregation at that time.

However, even if the elders cannot take congregational action, they are expected to report the allegation to the branch office of Jehovah's Witnesses (not the legal authorities) in their country, if local privacy laws permit. In addition to making a report to the branch office, the elders may be required by law to report even uncorroborated or unsubstantiated allegations to the authorities. If so, we expect the elders to comply. Additionally, the victim may wish to report the matter to the authorities, and it is his or her absolute right to do so.

It strikes me as interesting that they will only NOT report it to WT Headquarters if the law says they cannot and they only WILL report it to the legal authorities if the law says they have to.

• rebel8
    rebel8

THANKS for posting this. I try to keep up with the vh1 stuff but didn't see this particular post. I haven't seen the jw media article either. Is this something new they've put on their site (possibly in response to the vh1 mj documentary)? I wonder if silent lambs has commented on the jw media article.

Ick. The whole article makes me sick. They totally skate over the real issues with their policies:

• Victims being blamed and disciplined.
    • No action taken if there are not 2 witnesses to the molestation and the perp doesn't confess, which almost never is the case.
    • Confessed molesters can still socialize with congregational children and go in FS (just not be called a pioneer), without ANY warning to the congregation or community. This IGNORES the fact that molesters and rapists have a high recidivism rate and are likely to reperpetrate. Confessing to a bunch of window washers and saying you're sorry does not make the recidivism less likely!

I would like to post this on vh1 but can't find the right thread. The link takes you to the main menu. What is the title of the thread in which the jw media link was posted?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit