Proposed Changes in UK Charity Law & JW's (BOE Letter)

by dh 14 Replies latest jw friends

• dh
    dh

Just thought I would share this, it's good for a laugh, we all know how much charitable work the JW's do, here it is in their own words.

• Stephanus
    Stephanus

Are you sure this is real? The arrogance is astonishing! (Only matched by their own admission as to how little they actually do!)

Their "achievement of stated purpose" could easily be matched by any regular church-goer, yet they claim to be "da Troof"? Pfah!

• dh
    dh
    Are you sure this is real?

Yeah, it is 100% real. I think they are arrogant as hell, it seems to me all they want to do is exploit tax loopholes, they sure do no good in the community.

• Eyebrow2
    Eyebrow2

oh my...unbelievable.

Why don't they understand that Charity to the general public is something that really should be judged not by the WTS but the law that governs the land? If you have to go to the hall or accept those damn mags to receive the "charity" than that is bogus.

You know, other religions do real charity work...maybe if the WTS encourages the rank and file to hand out mags while running a soup kitchen once a month they can do some real good.

• New Worldly Translation
    New Worldly Translation

I posted a topic on the charity law issue a while ago

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/29/86766/1.ashx

It's intersting to see what the WTS came up with to keep in line with the new guidelines. I suggested in my topic that if enough people wrote to the govn't that JW's weren't for the public good there might be an enquiry into JW's activities and motives.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Which just goes to prove that Bethel is run by Accountants and Lawyers...

Charity, my ass!!!

• IT Support
    IT Support

Could their charity status be challenged on the basis that there is no real "public benefit" in their activities?

• minimus
    minimus

They ARE good at keeping up with whatever financially and legally benefits them.

• Englishman
    Englishman

I'd be interested to know if the Charity Commision are aware of the "benefits that accrue to the congregation and community" in general from the noble art of disfellowshipping that splits apart families and friends. That's some special charity sure enough.

Englishman.

• sf
    sf

Family values my ass!!! LOLOLOLOLOL

sKally

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit