Proposed Changes in UK Charity Law & JW's (BOE Letter)

by dh 14 Replies latest jw friends

• Englishman
    Englishman

Yeah..and what's these other "facets of practical Christianity"?

Englishman.

• mcsemike
    mcsemike

Right, I live an hour from Brookly Bethel and on every street corner, I trip over all the soup kitchens and shelters that the WT operates. The Santas that stand outside during the Christmas season do more good than the WT does. If they are not changing their policy, then why the need for a letter? If their work is so well known, understood, and accepted, why must they remind everyone of what they are doing? (Or not doing, in this case.) What hypocrites. "Congregations clearly meet this requirement"? Yeah, in whose opinion?? Only the WT's. Even their grammar and quality of letter writing has decreased. The word is "objectives", not objects. How do you achieve an object?? Oh, sorry, I forgot. They are the most educated people on earth, having most of their members obtained a high school diploma. How can I argue with that with just a Doctorate in Psychology? "Teaching respect for persons...."? I guess it's respect if you molest children, you are showing them you love them, right? Forgive my bitterness, my daughter was raped when nine years old and we endured the usual BS. My wife is divorcing me for researching the web (Silent Lambs and Freeminds) and sharing what I found with her. Her response? "I want to serve Jehovah and he will take care of the bad elders someday." Idiot. If molestation doesn't stop, I'm going to take care of some elders now. "Maintenance of personal morality"? Don't make me puke. This sounds like one of those 180 degree turns that they call "amplifications, adjustments, deeper explanations, etc." These perverts would make great politicians, they are masters at double talk and lying. I highly suggest all of you read George Orwell's book "1984". I swear, you would think he knew the WT inside out, but he wrote it in 1949. I urge everyone to keep opposing this sick cult and I hope I live long enough to see the NYC building sold to some corporation. Sorry the 9/11 planes didn't miss the towers.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

maintaining charitable status is vital - basically it means loadsa money - great tax benefits

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Got this from the Charities Commission website, unfortunately the pdf file would not cut/paste.

Charity Working at the Heart of Society

Guiding Charities in complying with their Legal Obligations

We will continue to place considerable emphasis on our enforcement role ensuring the charities comply with their legal obligations. ....................................We will require charities to better explain how they benefit the public and what they achieve, particularly throuigh SORP 2005 and the Summary Information Return

It does give contacts if one has "Concerns" about a charity. Hmmm...........

• IT Support
    IT Support

I don't know if this is helpful:

UK Charity Commission - new rules

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit