Do you still shudder at the sight of a Elder?

by kls 53 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• kls
    kls

I remember so long ago i thought Elders were like a God and would always make sure i smiled at them and put on my innocent act in front of them . Even being out of the cult it took me years to finally get it through my head that they are human and not a God as they themselves think.

Then one day a jw elder came to my door and at that time i had a newborn baby that i had been up with all night . I heard the ring of the doorbell but just ignored it thinking " they will ring a few times then go away" not this idiot . I didn't even see who was at the door till i finally opened it after his constant ringing and saw a elder all ready with his speech ( i knew him was i was a cult member) he never had a chance to open his mouth ,i told him what i thought of his BS so called religion and that he better open his mind and start to see what truth he was in and a few choice words for waking the baby. He looked at me like he was going to cry ,i swear i have never seen anyone look that tramatized and then i slammed the door.

After that i could see that are not God like and i have no fears of them nor do i repect for them, they are nobody but a shell .

Do any of you still have respect for Elders or do you still fear them ,and if yes why?

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

I think they're pretty funny really. Kinda feel embarrassed for them in a way.

GBL

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

One of the local heavies is a guy who is a successful lawyer (was rated one of the best in Columbus by a respected local journal that lots of powerful and connected people read), and the universe itself is hardly big enough to contain his ego. I saw him at a movie theater a couple of weeks ago, I did *not* want to talk to him, I'm glad he didn't approach me, I don't know if he noticed me or not. He's as smug as them come.

Dan, conflict-avoidance class

• A Paduan
    A Paduan

I concern over my own indignancy and fury ---- remembering that there is a person there also

• unbeliever
    unbeliever

Any elder that starts shit with me will get his ass handed to him on a platter. It depends on my mood. I've done everything to giving the bird to being a sarcastic smart ass. Lately I have been pointing out their lack of education telling them they have no business trying to counsel people. So to answer your question no I am not afraid of them and never have been.

• avishai
    avishai

With fear? No. Other emotions.......

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

It's odd, when I was coming out of the farm market up the road last year, an elder I really really loved passed right by me on his way in. I met his eye, and he shifted into a cold look that would make an ice cube shiver.

My first thought was "who the hell do you think you are?" but I calmed down and remembered who he did think he was.

This elder and his wife were the only ones who went out of their way to help me. They were an older couple, very sweet and actually quite humble. He always showed up here with his garden tiller every spring and never would take any money for tilling our ground. The wife always was bringing seeds or cuttings for the flower beds and often for the vegetable garden. I thought the world of both of them. Until I stopped going to meetings, they were always doing kind things.

I know that they feel just as awful with this shunning nonsense as I do being on the other end. They were married as JWs, and now have seven adult kids and I guess about only three are still JWs. They have endured a lot of sadness and disappointment over the years.

The only other elder that I've seen in the time I've been out, was the one I've vented about who approached my grandson in the men's room at the drive-in movies, to tell him he should be at the meetings, blah blah blah. I was LIVID when I heard what happened and I wanted to find him and give him a piece of my Irish mind.

Shudder? No. But both times I did have a reaction.

Annie

• sf
    sf

Ha!! As if. It is more like they shudder when they encounter me.

There is absolutely nothing intimidating about these 'men'. Bring 'em on!

sKally

• garybuss
    garybuss

I like elders, they're delicious grilled with a little barbecue sauce.

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz

It's funny... This past weekend I was in Ukiah, the town I grew up in, and was walking into the local WalMart when I spotted G. Nation coming toward me. For those of you who don't know the story, he was one of the young hot shot elders who was out to make a name for himself and was actually *smiling* when he told me that "they" were going to disfellowship me. Real *ss*ole actually and the action was completely un-warranted according to their own manual.

My reaction to *his* reaction surprised me. I actually was *amused* at his silly little shunning game, and laughed outloud at the situation and at him!

This was something of a revelation for me since I had always thought I'd stay angry at him forever over his behavior on my JC. What I said though was, "What a loser!" Then my son began laughing too.

I guess you'd have to have been there.

J

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit