Why I am SURE we made to right decision to leave the JW's..........

by Latte 25 Replies latest jw friends

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

Check your Prem - yeah it's probably because she's new and they're still showering her with love. Wait a while - till you've been for a number of years.

What I didn't do for people - I enjoyed sharing everything I had with my "friends". Went on vacation with some of them.

At my committee case I said to the elders (after attending another church) That the love I saw these so called wordly people showing to one another was amazing. That I was jealous that "we" The so called truth didn't have this love. I reminded them that the 2 most important commandments in the bible were 1, Love Jehovah with your whole heart, mind, soul, strength and 2. Love your neighbour as yourself......I was told by the elders that love wasn't everything. Amazing cos when I read in Acts or it could be Corinthians that without no matter what gift you had it meant nothing. . . .

• JW83
    JW83

Benito, anyone studying history is truly a great person!

• benito
    benito

Thanks, JW83, I appreciate your encouragement. A thing I got when I left the JWs and that assures me that I made the right decision is that I learned to love myself. I don't know how to explain this, but the feeling of not being good enough for Jehovah, the guilty I felt because I wasn't doing enough preaching, that God wasn't happy with what I was doing, disappeared when I left the borg. I had to learn to appreciate myself, with my virtues and my mistakes, but I know that I can be a good man, I donĀ“t need to be superman and doing everything perfect. I am trying to improve my personality but I'm doing my best and that makes me feel that I'm in the good path, apart from JWs.

• Odrade
    Odrade

Check... it's more likely that they are "supporting her in her fight against an unbelieving mate." They likely think if she missed it's either because she is trying to please you, or you are not allowing her to attend. Either way would feed their gossip fires and/or allow them to feel pride for helping.

People like me, my husband and many others who have posted here, had spent many years begging for attention, association and seeking a social circle and spiritual support. We were deeply in, raised in it, pioneered, assembly and convention parts, etc. The whole nine yards. So when we left, I suppose it was easy to just conveniently forget about us, or assume we were evil people who had rejected the "truth," and what proper JW would want to contaminate themselves by talking with the dirty "powindah."

• codeblue
    codeblue

I agree. The "lack of true Christian Love" tipped the iceberg for me.

Like Odrade's comment, being raised as a JW, being "faithful" with what was expected and enduring hardships that many JW's NEVER go thru, I wasn't good enough for association in my last few moves. (thereby showing that they DO NOT have a united brotherhood of love)

It saddened me greatly. Then Romans 14: 10-12 became my favorite scripture. I realized how as a JW I was taught not to enforce that scripture, because of the constant "judging" we did amongst ourselves. "How can God be with JW's when they are doing HIS job of judging???"

CodeBlue

• Latte
    Latte

Emma,

If you didn't put in "enough" hours, they're children weren't allowed to play with yours. Sick, absolutely.

Yes, Emma it is sick ....actually I think that my diary entry was a year earlier, so we really endured another year of it!! SIGH

Swiftbreeze,

the last time i went to the KH no one even spoke, now these were people that had been in my home on a monthly basis if not weekly and ate dinner went on vacations etc...and i'm not DF or DA.

{{{{{{{Swift}}}}}} Yes it is 'beyond sick' as you say.

Charisma,

no one ever bothered to see why I stopped attending meetings..

My 'best friend' never asked me 'What can we do to help you???......now THAT would have been nice!!

Loubelle

What I didn't do for people - I enjoyed sharing everything I had with my "friends". Went on vacation with some of them

Me too! I feel used now when I look back...but I try not to anymore.

Benito,

What a great lesson you've learnt! I believe that, that is the basis for being content - good for you!

A thing I got when I left the JWs and that assures me that I made the right decision is that I learned to love myself

Olrade

We were deeply in, raised in it, pioneered
    So when we left, I suppose it was easy to just conveniently forget about us, or assume we were evil people who had rejected the "truth," and what proper JW would want to contaminate themselves by talking with the dirty "powindah."

You said it! By being deeply raised in it, it makes it sooo hard to leave, but so easy for the others to leave you behind. Now this is what makes the JW?s so very unloving ....and I think it?s fair to say sinister.

Thank you everyone for sharing in this thread as I feel that it has certainly given a shameful testimony to the Jehovbahs Witlesses version of imitating Christ. And any JW?s reading this and thinking that DF'ing/shunning is scriptural, just remember that I haven't been Df'd or DA myself, nor have many others on this site.

Mike,

Hey, I remember those 2 at BBQ number 1!
    Lovely children, Latte, a real credit to you and hubby.

Thanks Mike! Yes, your BBQ?s are quite fantastic - my kids were unusually good that day! Lol

How are now Mike?......fully recovered I hope!

Java,

Your children's photo is great--it's nice seeing what normal looks like.

Normal eh?? kids happily play fighting - getting ready for the real thing .....me thinks! Lol

How are you keeping?

{{{{{{{{Big Hugs to everyone!!}}}}}}}}

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit