What Now

by LouBelle 17 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

As a few of you know now from my posts I've recently left the organisation & it's lies behind. It's truly a wonderful sense of freedom. What I'd like to know from you guys is when you left, what did you do then? Did you go to another religion? Did your beliefs change? Do you still believe that what they teach doctrinally is correct but just don't like the control they had over your lives?

Here is my story: (I hope you don't Mind)

What lead to my leaving was that though I'd been in the truth most of my life I had got lazy in the last couple of years and would miss meetings/bookstudies and the like. I kinda did what I wanted to make 'me' happy but still felt empty inside (always felt that emptiness even when I was a so called "strong" publisher) So I literally fell on my knees and begged to the God of Isaac, David, Abraham to come into my life and show me the truth. I bumped into a past friend who'd left the organisation and she invited me to her church (born agains) So I went & was a little uncomfortable at the freedom of worship, yet I felt immensely overwhelmed and felt like something was at work. That night in a gesture I would never have deemed possible I actually gave my life to Jesus (this was not an over emotional thing - I was deffinately moved)

After that I went to their "foundations" kinda like a group study where you go through basic doctrinal things. But during this time I was so confused and felt I was going out of my mind because I felt so guilty so I ran to the elders of my congregation and told them what I'd done. Yes they had a strong hold over me....Anyway they assigned someone to me to go over the basics again - I asked that this sister prove it ONLY with the bible and no publications.....she bought publications. In the meantime I continued to go to this other church and was moved all the more at the freedom of their worship - also I had tons of questions... Suddendly I was the 'baby' - I didn't have the answers.

Then my turning point was when I was assigned to give a talk (something basic) I had prepared and everything and was ready to give it when an elder approached me and said my aunt had phoned him and told him I was still attending this other church and she felt that I was not in good standing before Jehovah - I couldn't give my talk! He said that the one elder hadn't come to take the B school so it was a blessing - they then went and had the B school anyway. I was devastated, I stood outside the congregation and balled my eyes out, my heart breaking before all my so called friends & no one came to see if I was okay. I knew then they didn't have Jehovahs' blessing or love if they couldn't show it to one of their own....

The elders called me over for a chat - I arrived at the Kingdom Hall when I got to find out it was actually a committee case - I expressed my dismay that they had deceived me. Anyway there was pressure from them for me to stop and I vowed I wouldn't go to the church until I had cleared things up.....well that was about 4 months ago and I've kept faithful to my word - though they haven't bothered with me since the. In this time though I have been relying on God for help, and slowly reading my bible (along with a greek bible & dictionary) (not the NWT) through childs' eyes and I'm so overjoyed at the prospects God actually holds out to us. I've been floored at the outright lies I've been taught. I didn't realised how indoctrinated/brainwashed I actually was. But God has truly been good! I now have a close relationship with Him as His daughter and not a realationship of fear of an organisation run by men.

After that long story it would be great to know if some of you are spiritual, or if you've done a complete reversal.

What do you think about Trinity now? Birthdays? Heaven? Souls/spirits?

• jt stumbler
    jt stumbler

Thanks for your personal story. It is very similar to mine although I have yet to visit another church. Im sure you will receive much much much advice and support here. It looks like your on the right path. Your own. Hope all goes well with you. Welcome

I'm still learning. I do celebrate birthdays now.

• EvilForce
    EvilForce

Ok, here's my 2 cents....

After leaving the Dub's I wanted NOTHING to do with ANY religion. Basically it was fool me once shame on you, but I sure as heck wasn't going to let anyone fool me twice. After 10 years of being gone I slowly started looking for other answers. I would encourage you to take it very slowly with ANY spiritual guidance. God knows what you have been thru and if he's a loving God wouldn't hold it against you to verify, verify, and proceed slowly and cautiously.

I found the "emptiness" inside me was the self loathing I was raised with. The fact that I was never good enough for Jehobah. Once I started fulfilling my dreams, and peeling back the layers of emotional cruelty I was raised with I became full aware, sated, and happy.

Good luck on your journey.

• love2Bworldly
    love2Bworldly

Welcome and congratulations that you are learning the truth about the 'Truth'. You will find that a lot of people who have left the JWs are in the position of not being interested in any kind of organized religion--but everyone is different.

I do still believe in the Bible and am reading 'The New International Version' on my own. But I still have issues with organized religions who claim they have all the answers. I feel there is more than one spiritual path to find God. I do celebrate all holidays with enthusiasm and love my country and don't believe in shunning people. I am at peace with myself and am much happier than I ever was as a JW--who teach that a person is never good enough for God and 'maybe' you might be saved.

• upside/down
    upside/down

Religion is a Snare and a Racket!!!

I hope you didn't go from the frying pan into the fire...

Good Luck!

u/d

• OldSoul
    OldSoul

My advice? Listen to everyone and appreciate them wherever you can without being fake. You will learn a lot about yourself and you will learn a lot about other people. Other people are great. And awful. And nice. And pains in the ...

All in all, other people are wonderful. Just be glad that deep down inside it really isn't all about you, anymore. Absorb, be absorbed, enjoy your freedom from having to believe a certain thing. There is a relief or a pressure depending on how you view it. I suggest you take a deep breath and enjoy the new day.

Respectfully,
    OldSoul

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

Welcome Loubelle I Love You Mug 2

Keep it simple (A) the central CORE doctrine of the Watchtower is Jesus second coming in 1914 and is a lie.Do you know what this means?

That 95% of their writings is bogus.(B) Every JW will grow old and die.(C) 'apostate' opposers will not die at armageddon.As a matter of fact if "J" day comes the Bible say's that the false prophets get nailed first.Watch out Watchtowert!

My trinity thread http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/12/90760/1.ashx

• zen nudist
    zen nudist

When I left JWs my first question was if not them, then who? was there a "true" religion out there that I had no knowledge about?

so I went to the library and one of the first books I read was who wrote the bible. I figured starting at the beginning would help.

what I found shocked me to some degree... because they showed me things which had always bothered my as a JW but which I had never received a satisfactory answer. I also read books about Cults and psychology and saw that the bible contained a lot of mental manipulation techniques including what were similar to hypnotic inductions... I saw that the god of the bible was playing mind games with his followers and could not be the loving just and merciful fantasy god that I had come to accept....

for the first time I read books by atheists and agnostics and humanists and found they had a far greater degree of rationality and sense on their side then anything I had found by religious people who made a lot of excuses for their lack of evidence.

most shocking of all was the case against Jesus being a real person...I found the more one looked for the historical Jesus the more one found nothing but legends myths rumors and hearsay... that no living Jesus can be found in history nor was one required for history to be what we know today.

Just like the Mormons do not require golden plates to be real to have their book of mormon

christians do not require a real Jesus to have their faith and fervor.

• TheListener
    TheListener

I didn't get to say so yet so here goes: Welcome to the board. I'm glad you found your way here. Regardless of how you handle your future spirituality you can always use good communication about your witness past from those than understand. WELCOME!!

I can't openly do any of the things you mention, however, I want to.

• ljwtiamb
    ljwtiamb

I want to welcome you to JWD and thank you for sharing your very personal story.

You may feel like a 'baby', but you are so much further than a person like myself, who has not yet found the strength to totally break free.

Best wishes on your new journey!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit