Jesus is Jehovah

by hibiscusfire 79 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Pubsinger
    Pubsinger

Hi!

Hope u had a good house group Little Toe!

Just read the whole of this thread and was rolling with laughter at you and this poster.

Just you make sure you believe Jesus is Jehovah now. Night Jim Bob!

• OldSoul
    OldSoul

HF,

The people here really only have one major commonality in life, apart from the apparent genetic commonality. All of us have in some way been affected by the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society. Reactions to their "affection" range from denial to atheism, from apathy to anger. This forum is like a group discussion forum for helping people who have left to cope with life after the cult.

Some here do not believe the Bible is anything more than an interesting piece of literature, some believe every word contained in it is literal. Pretty much everyone here agrees there is nothing more irritating than a dogmatist.

Respectfully,
    OldSoul

• Honesty
    Honesty
    Little Toe you are jumping to conclusions

That's like the pot calling the kettle black. .

• funkyderek
    funkyderek

hibiscusfire:

Did God Create Life?
    Ask a Protein

Wow! You're the first person I've ever known to link to Jack Chick's site in a non-ironic way. You have a lot to learn, but you won't learn it at chick.com

• googlemagoogle
    googlemagoogle

hmmm... where has all my spam gone??

well, again:

Buddha is Confucious!

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

Former 3rd generation JW I am now a mild moderate born again Christian.I declare such in the countless forums i post in.

The first thing dubs do is latch on to my convictions and wanna talk Trinity.

Remember,this is their classic dub speak red herring to divert from the core issue that the: Watchtower came into existence to declare Christ second coming in 1914.

Danny Haszard trinity thread fun read http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/12/90760/1.ashx

-----------------
    Duplicate thread duplicate post reply

• Terry
    Terry
    The Bible shows that Jesus is Jehovah and there are verses to prove this.

Problem number 1 is your source: THE BIBLE.

Problem number 2 is your reliance on the Bible without giving us any indication how the Bible's assertion (or any interpretation of an assertion) carries any reality with it. Example: the book Moby Dick asserts the existence of a white whale. What does that have to do with reality?

Problem number 3 is your relying on some kind of Universal definition of Jesus or Jehovah without bothering to give that definition and back up your claim with testable falsifiablity.

Problem number 4 is your using the word "prove" in such a metaphorical way to represent an equivalency with Mathematical Proof which is only possible because all elements are declared to be a certain way SO THAT there can be proof. (Math is an ad hoc agreement with rules simply adhered to by unanimous consent).

Problem number 5 is relevence. Only within a belief system could such an assertion have any possible interest to anyone. The participants in this discussion group have no COMMON belief system.

Problem number 5 is desperation. People with imaginary invisible friends are desperate to maintain their illusion by particpation in reinforcement of that delusion by either agreement or debate.

Conclusion: I see little point in carrying Moby Dick into the real world or, Ahab-like, setting out on a life quest to find and slay him.

• Daunt
    Daunt

Here's a tongue twister for you. Prove to me why the Bible is anymore valid than me writing on a peice of paper, "I (Daunt) am God and I created the Universe". My paper would actually seem to have more validity than your bible. At least I exist in this realm all that's left is to prove that I'm god.

• fairchild
    fairchild

I for one don't believe in the trinity. I didn't believe in it before I met the JWs and I don't believe in it now. There are as many good arguments from people who believe it as there are from people who don't believe it. Once again, what is one supposed to believe?

• hibiscusfire
    hibiscusfire

Fairchild:

I for one don't believe in the trinity. I didn't believe in it before I met the JWs and I don't believe in it now. There are as many good arguments from people who believe it as there are from people who don't believe it. Once again, what is one supposed to believe?

How come people could read all sorts of books about evolution and believe in such a lie yet the bible has been there for ages and yet many people don’t care what it says?

That is irony.

Now I still say Jesus is Jehovah.

For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counselor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace. Isaiah 9:6

Hibiscusfire

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit