The C.O. and elder came to my house last night!

by Sarah 43 Replies latest jw friends

• outnfree
    outnfree

((((((Sarah))))))

I am upset right along with so many others here at the harsh treatment you received. These mean, arrogant men consider themselves "spirit-appointed"?!!! It is plain they are not.

I am also very proud of your husband's reaction and the courage the both of you displayed in the face of the pyschological battering you received. I'm sorry you were physically ill, but hang in there. It WILL get better!

DO send your family the information from the jw-public affairs website that tells them they don't have to sever all family ties.
    This will help you as you ease back into "the world" and find that it's not so terrible out there as you've been taught. In fact, it's much, much nicer!

outnfree

• Disengaged
    Disengaged

Dear Sarah

Sorry to hear about the trouble they caused. Maybe their names need to be posted on this board! The CO and Elder

• Simon
    Simon

((((hugs))))

I understand how you feel and what you've gone through Sarah.

You may not feel too good now but you will probably never regret what you did. Life keeps getting better and better the longer you are away from the crazy loons.

• peterstride
    peterstride

(((((((((( Sarah & husband )))))))))))

When I finally realized that the WTS was not the one true religion, and that I didn't need to follow man made laws anymore (reading both of Ray Franz's books really helped me here), I felt the biggest weight that you can imagine being lifted off my shoulders, and off my chest. I could breathe again!

And like LovesDubs already said, " At least now you can get up on Saturdays and Sundays and enjoy your family, the outdoors, go shopping, have that cup of coffee and read the paper with your cat on your lap with no GUILT about having to meet somebody elses expectations about what you should or shouldnt be doing."

Hey...today is Saturday! Enjoy your coffee! And stay around this web-site...you'll keep receiving support from most of us! :D

Peter Stride
    Toronto, Canada
    PS. Be proactive. Take the articles from the society that say that disfellowshipping or DAing DO NOT sever family ties, and show them to your family! Do it right away.

• nelly136
    nelly136

If they gave you a date it was going to be announced that should be it, but if they didnt they might be back to tell you when its being anounced..less they do it different now.
    ((((((hugs))))))) sarah, its all part of the harassment and intimidation tactics, perhaps you should warn your neighbours to look out for a couple of dodgy geezers hanging around properties in parked cars just in case, once its announced they have to leave you alone by their own rules, at that point you scare them more than they scare you, (get warm fuzzies when I get stuck next to one in shopping queue)
    hope you manage to work something out with your mum/family, perhaps when the dusts settled a bit...
    nelly

• Francois
    Francois

I'm sorry Sarah. I know how you feel, or at least close. Many members of my family didn't communicate with me for years after I left the Borg. After a while, I developed the attitude that if they were willing to shun me over a false prophet, they weren't worth knowing in the first place. And after a while I forgot them.

But I was making an effort at real spiritual growth on my own and mothers, and brothers, and sisters, and many others were added to me as I gradually grew in the real spirit, just like Jesus said would happen. Now my friends are my family. And they are true friends I can depend on no matter what my beliefs. I'm sure you'll find this true for yourself as well. i hope you do. And soon.

Best to you,
    Francois

Where it is a duty to worship the Sun you can be sure that a study of the laws of heat is a crime.

• Maximus
    Maximus

These are the common garden variety thugs whom the Society says are shepherds looking out for the sheep.

These are the goons who involve themselves with judicial proceedings involving children.

"Appointed by holy spirit" as shepherds who look out for the sheep.

This is what the real Watchtower world is like, folks,

• wasasister
    wasasister

You will soon find more loyal friends here than you ever had at the Kingdom Hall. I know this to be true because I certainly have.

If you had a close relationship with your family before, it will likely continue on, no matter what they are told by the elders. My older daughter, a loyal and active Witness, was confused and disappointed at first when I stopped attending meetings. Over the past three years, I put forth a great effort to keep in contact with her, offer her unconditional love and support, and to be the sort of parent to her I have always been. Gradually, she began to see that I was not a different person at all, in fact I am now happier and healthier than ever. This has lead to a renewed closeness between us.

When she has a problem, when she's sick, when she needs a shoulder or a listening ear, guess who she turns to? Her still active JW father? Nope!

So, Sarah, you have faced the worst and survived. You have confronted the one thing that frightened you most. Your body purged itself, and now the healing begins. It can only get better from here.

One day soon, you will read a post similar to yours and you will be in a position to offer kindly support and encouragement. In the mean-time, we are all here for you.

Wasasister, who rarely cyber hugs but here goes:
    (((((((((Sarah)))))))))

• circe
    circe

Sarah,

First off: Consider you and your husband ((( hugged )))!!!

My husband and I have done the slow fade over the past two years. There have been two instances where Elders have come to our house to "talk". My husband has told them basically "Go away". Each time there is a knock at the door I wonder if it's JW's. I want to scream "Just leave me the f*** alone!" Why do they have to push?

You have my deepest empathy and support. If you need to talk in private, feel free to email me. I know we've never talked before, but I'm here nonetheless.

circe

• cnn77
    cnn77

Sarah,

Once again I feel like an lawyer-lover (NOT TRUE). But what are your legal rights in this regard? Do you know them? Are you legally prevented from publishing the names and addreses of the CO and the other scrotum-sucking scumbag? Do you know the exact procedure for DA'in yourself? Was this followed or can you appeal saying it was said by your husband in the heat of the moment because he saw them upset you?

If you can meet with them again....then you can record the meeting....whatever you do you have to figure out a way to do that and then find a way whereby they violate their own to-the-letter policy of DFing you.

If someone DA's themselves surely they have a right to retract it especially if it is within one or 2 days. SEE AN ATTORNEY ON MONDAY!! DO NOT THINK TWICE ABOUT IT.

Then get another meeting with them and record it and give the evidence to your attorney. If he can find any violation you have a case for making them accept you back!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit