Women, is it really necessary to scream when....

by Nosferatu 35 Replies latest jw friends

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

I've always hated the stereotype of "screeming women" in movies. I know, there is basis in all stereotypes. So I've worked my whole life to not be stereotypical. I'm please to say I am not.

I will squeek if startled. I will scream if I fall, maybe. I save it for roller coasters, where I scream my heart out! I love rollercoasters. Good for the soul.

• love2Bworldly
    love2Bworldly

I try not to scream, but I think I did once when encountering a black scorpion while on vacation. I was at the sink brushing my teeth and I saw its tail under the cabinet right by my feet-----yuck!

• love11
    love11

I scream. Not bloody murder or anything but my usually reaction to it is-

OMG,OMG,OMG,OMG.........Ahhh....Get it away from me.....ahhh....GET IT!!!! I was always getting stung as a kid. I think I might be mildly allergic because my hand would swell up to the size of a grapefruit and I felt sick like I was drugged, then my vision would blurr. So I usually react that way because I don't want to ruin my day and have to go to the hospital.

• joannadandy
    joannadandy

Not really a screamer - over bees I mean.

Snakes that's something totally different...

• talesin
    talesin

Abaddon, how gross! ouch ... but on a lighter note, did it stop you from talking? lol I couldn't take that.

love

I think I might be mildly allergic because my hand would swell up to the size of a grapefruit and I felt sick like I was drugged, then my vision would blurr.

Me, too. I wonder if it's true that reactions can worsen after multiple stings. My mother keeps telling me I might need a pen (it's an emergency needle for allergies) ... maybe we should both get tested for the allergy ... I'll do it if you will.

t

• talesin
    talesin

Hey, Nos,

No offense from this corner, As long as you don't tell me I 'throw like a girl', I'm happy. ;)

xo ... good thread

t

• Tatiana
    Tatiana
    Titiana, that was FUNNY

Abaddon....I think your subconscious was replying to me.

• whyamihere
    whyamihere

I scream at every little bug or I run away really fast in fear.

Ok I have a bee story.

I was going out to go shopping and I had to run a errand. I was getting my kids ready and we were out the house. I locked the door then all of a sudden there were bees all around us. I was screaming the whole time putting my kids in the car. I was dodging all of them my kids were laughing at Crazy Mommy! I was done so I was running to the drivers side of the car. I shut the door and looked all around and had seen No Bees. I was safe and the kids were safe. I was like thank god!

Well I got to Target and opened the door and 2 God damn bees flew out and attacked me! I shut them in the door and yet they made it out to sting me! I was so pissed off!

Story # 2

I was 17 and I was cleaning out my parents Garage. All of a sudden a Bee was flying at me! I was screaming to get it away from me and I ran to the house to get in side! The door was locked and the bee was coming for me. I didn't know what to do. I then got on the ground pulled my shirt around my body screaming for someone to help me! The near by neighbor Guy was laughing so hard at me. He saw the whole thing! He killed the Bee. I was saved and realized I got to be the biggest idiot! Am I a dumb blonde?

Brooke... I hate bees!

• calamityjane
    calamityjane

Abaddon, I had the same type of experience with a wasp in my drink. I was on our back deck drinking a cooler. I took a chug and bit into what I thought was an ice cube, but as soon as I realized I didn't put ice cubes in my drink that was when the wasp stung my lip. I too projectiled the whole thing out of my mouth drink and the wasp, which was still clinging to life. My in-laws who were out there with me were totally stunned by the whole scene. My lip began to immediately swell. Man that smarts!

Now when ever I drink something outside, I'll always take a look before I chug a lug.

• Scully
    Scully

For gawdsake, Nos.... can't you just appreciate the fact that while your wife screams when it's highly inconvenient, it's probably a given that she'll do it when it's ... ummmm... mutually satisfying too??

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit