Star Wars 111: Who's heading to the opening session?!

by Frog 40 Replies latest jw friends

• Midget-Sasquatch
    Midget-Sasquatch
    We still havent found it yet.

Have you tried looking into any vents?...us height impaired peeps love tucking stuff into places that would bring you tall-ians down outta the clouds.

Hopefully the kid can't flush a toilet!

• Badger
    Badger

I'm taking the Badgeress tonight! She wants to go more than me!

The one thing that these prequels is missing is a Han. We need a Han Solo. He's cooler than Luke, Fett, Vader and Yoda combined.

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

lights sabre duels are like drum solos

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

I have to say again how much the Palpatine and Windu scene totally fu**in rocked!!!! I am so glad I kept myself from the spoilers this time around and endeavored to let myself be surprised when I saw the movie. I never felt much awe in the first two prequels, but that scene and then what happened afterward with all the Jedi was just chilling... (SPOILERS AGAIN) I was also somewhat shocked at how Anakin attacked Padme (didn't see that one coming). I liked how he echoed Vader's words in ESB by telling her that he can overthrow Palpatine and rule the galaxy with her. And I liked how presumably Palpatine used the dream vision to put Anakin in a trap to "save" Padme, just as Vader used visions to trap Luke in ESB to save his friends.

MORE SPOILERS....Another quibble I have. Yoda and Obi-Wan supposedly were to practice their new technique of becoming one with the Force and surviving death. Okay...that explains the sprites of Obi-Wan and Yoda...but what about Anakin/Vader? How does he get to appear afterwards at the end of ROTJ?

BIGGEST SPOILER OF ALL....Did anyone catch the very subtle suggestion that Palpatine gave about who Anakin's real father is? Remember from TPM about there being no father, and add what Palpatine said about manipulating the midichlorians...and you get a revelation analogous to that of ESB when Vader told Luke that "I am your father".....am I wrong?

• Sweetp0985
    Sweetp0985

I finally saw it last night with no complications...it was awesome....i had seen the first few minutes of it already before all the bullcrap started happening...but what a surprise when I finally got to see past all that.....

Call me weird but to me the best fight scene was between Obi-Wan and Grevious (sp?) i was like getting overly excited on that part and the crazy looking lizard-horse creature...had me laughing with its weird bark/cry....hell i don't know...lol

But I'm definitely going see it again soon...so i can see little details i may have missed the first time....

• Badger
    Badger

((((Leo)))) long time no talk:

Devil's advocate here, but aside from the raid in TPM, I never thought she was that tough. Besides, having your man turn into the embodiment of evil and popping out twins on the same day can be too much.

• Midget-Sasquatch
    Midget-Sasquatch
    Did anyone catch the very subtle suggestion that Palpatine gave about who Anakin's real father is? Remember from TPM about there being no father, and add what Palpatine said about manipulating the midichlorians...and you get a revelation analogous to that of ESB when Vader told Luke that "I am your father".....am I wrong?

That would be a great twist. Palpatine trying to make the ultimate apprentice from beginning to end. He did call him son once during the movie and affectionately touched his head when found charred on the bank of th lava flow.

Did I understand it right though that Palpatine said that the Sith Master who knew how to do that was killed by his apprentice? Then I think Palpatine also said to Ani that they could together try and find out the secret to having the midichlorians create life. If I didn't get those lines scrambled in my head, then maybe it was all made up by Palpatine. He knew about Ani's conception as well as how he felt about losing his mother (he told him that). A lie to lure him further into the Dark Side?

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

I just saw it again last night.

Palpatine calls him "son" at least once, but in a manner that is most readily interpreted as the way an older gentleman talks to a young person. It is also interesting that this "prophecy" is never attributed to anyone in the movies. Where did it come from, that the "chosen one" would be conceived by the midichlorians? It sure sounds an awful lot like the legend of Darth Plagus the Wise. So if, in the context of the movie, Sidious/Palpatine was telling an actual Sith legend, could this mean that Sidious used Plagus' knowledge to create Anakin? Or did Plagus create Anakin and Sidious was the one who assassinated him?

• rwagoner
    rwagoner

Waited in line for 5 hours with my 7 yo son (see picture) who is a star wars geek just like his dad LOL.

Small theater....12:01am show had 400 seats....and we got 391 & 392...just a little too close.

The crowd made my boy feel like a star....He was in full Vader costume, complete with voice changing helmet LOL....posed for lots of pictures and the theater staff opened the doors at showtime (everyone already had their tickets at this point) and let "Lord Vader" lead the way into the theater.

What a great memory for my son...and for a sappy dad too ! LOL

• dh
    dh

Great movie, I really enjoyed it once it settled in.

Best line has to be 'Good relations with the wookies I have!' - Yoda

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit