So I'm at the meeting tonight.............

by JV 54 Replies latest jw friends

• JV
    JV

I'm looking through the new awake magazine (great article on shoplifiting by the way) and this older sister comes and sits beside me. She started talking to me about this great little piece in the magazine about fish or something that should be on my dinner plate, something that i don't really care about, then she turns to me and said and i quote " where else but jehovah's organization can we learn such things? ". I sat there with a dumbfounded look on my face thinking " are you kidding me? ". Where else? is she serious, ummmm lets think, where do people usually go to learn about things. It's called SCHOOL!!!!!!!!!! UNIVERSITY????? HELLO?????. I was just flabbergasted, I said that i'd have to go home and look at it. I mean are the (shee)people so conditioned that they think that the fluff pieces in the awake, and fluff is a very generous description, are actually educational? What about national geographic? you learn more in one issue of national geographic than you do in a years worth of awake magazines. I'm in university, and to think that the awake compares to a university education is just incomprehensible. So that was strike one tonight, strike two happened when i was leaving the kh. I started talking to an older sister and she wanted to know what i was up to, work? school? i said that i was still in school, and her comment was priceless something that would go on a mastercard commercial, she said " You're all grown up and you're still in school? " Are you fuc**ng kidding me???? ARRRGHHH. Ok i'm in my early twenties technically i should be done but i got sick and i dicked around my first couple years but i'm almost done. Just because i don't want to become a painter or a janitor or a miserable bastard for the rest of my life i'm looked down upon, to quote John Stossel from 20/20 GIVE ME A BREAK!!. Anyways thanks for listening to my rant, had to vent and this is a good place to come and do it. Ciao for now

• Lostreality
    Lostreality

ROFL.. calm down buddy...that is some priceless stuff though

• the_classicist
    the_classicist

Didn't you know? The Awake is one of the prophets of God!

• JV
    JV

Classicist I'm in your neck of the woods, just thought i'd let you know. Message me

• JV
    JV

I'm calm lostreality. I've taken a few sips of my whiskey, that usually does the trick and it leaves me feeling all warm inside.

• Frog
    Frog

Hey JV, that is p*ss funny...you realise though that the key mistake you made was going to the meeting in the first place! I guess all these things are good affirmation for you...funny thing is that it's not like the attitude of the people who diligently attend at the hall has changed, it's your attitude which has shifted and the reason why their presence is so unbearably painful! The ignorance is astonishing aint it??! frog

• JV
    JV

Recently i've wanted to drill a big hole in my skull with an ice auger when i go to the meetings, the scary thing is I think the ice auger would be the less painful of the two

• PopeOfEruke
    PopeOfEruke

You can eat fish ???

Seriously JV that was a funny post. God they are thick aren't they??

What are you studying in Uni?

Pope

• JV
    JV

I'm studying Engineering, what field? that's a secret for now. Sphere i hear ya, in defense of the awake and i usually don't do this but for third world countries it's ok i mean the awake is the closest thing to an eduacation that most people will get, that's sad because education is such a powerful tool, but i mean we're talking north america????? are we really that dumb?? is this what rap music has done to us????

• Tatiana
    Tatiana
    is this what rap music has done to us????

LOL......I really like your sense of humor.

welcome, btw.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit