So I'm at the meeting tonight.............

by JV 54 Replies latest jw friends

• JV
    JV

SeeIt, i like to compare my sense of humor to a hibernating bear, it only comes out in the summer, but there are people that i like talking to, there are some genuine nice people out there but there are also alot of pricks and they're usually in the positions of power, coincidence??? i think not.

Chia, i know of a few shotgun weddings that have fallen apart, but if you're a single baptized guy with half a brain, they put some hard core pressure on you to find yourself a woman but i think it all boils down to the fact that the whole no sex thing makes people get married, then after the newlyweds do it, the whole " That's It????" comes up then the cracks start to show in the marriage. But now adays lots of them are having sex before they get married anyways so what the hell do i know?

• Chia
    Chia

When I think about the guy I could've married...ugh...only because I wanted to have some sex. I am so glad I didn't go through with it. Their method backfires completely.

• JV
    JV

Chia, as a girl is it hard to find a decent "brother" ? For me it seems like there is a alot more girls than guys kicking around

• Nocturne
    Nocturne
    Chia, as a girl is it hard to find a decent "brother" ? For me it seems like there is a alot more girls than guys kicking around

From my observations, i would say there are more girls kicking around, but it depends on your congregation. In my old congregation, there were actually more guys then girls (and this current batch of teenagers are all chasing the same girl, it's quite funny) but in the surrounding congregations it was a different story. I once had an older sister tell me that in the other congregation, i wouldn't have problems finding myself a wife even if I had no teeth !!!

But back to the original topic of this thread, last year when I was still going to meeting, at this particular book study studying the book "Draw Close to Jehovah" (I think that's the one), they were going over the creation of the universe. Anyways, the whole study is just listing numbers like the number of stars in our galaxy, and the estimated number of galaxies that exist, nothing too in depth. Anyways, the bookstudy conductor goes "See brothers and sisters, aren't we thankful for the Faithful and Discreete Slave to provide such a wealth of knowledge. This is very difficult material, the sort that they study in university physics courses." I had to contain myself from bursting out laughing. If that was what they covered in university physics courses, i would have gotten a better mark . Let's just say that was one of the last bookstudy I attended

Nocturne (of the permanently traumatized from physics class)

• EvilForce
    EvilForce

Thinking back to my university days.... I don't think I had a single class whereby when writing a paper I could only use the textbook we were studying. Most had a requirement of 5 or 10 outside / unique sources.

I had to endure hundreds of comments saying how silly I was for going to college. I would say the defining marker of a JW is smugness and haughtiness.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit