Why do they walk so slowly?

by helios 31 Replies latest jw friends

• helios
    helios

I have only to turn into any road or street and if there are any JWs operating within my area of vision I can pick them out.

It may only be something that occurs in UK but they actually walk at half speed. Yet if I see any local JW in the town shopping they fly along, except the very old ones. How come? We are in the end of the end time. Any moment now big A will break out, there is a vital need to get the work done and over with but still they wander from house to house so very s-l-o-w-l-y. I am almost sure I saw a couple actually walking backwards a few weeks ago..honest.

• EvilForce
    EvilForce

Since the "measure" of a good JW is total time spent, not quality or results of that time...might as well do as little as possible in those hours spent. Why work too hard?

• prophecor
    prophecor

It's because

they want

to take every

advantage of being

able to

count their time.

• Angharad
    Angharad

We used to call it the pioneer shuffle

• jt stumbler
    jt stumbler

The slower you walk the longer the meeter runs. I used to walk slow because I hated talking to people about something they just were'nt interested in.

• devinsmom
    devinsmom

Because jws out in service are counting/killing time and everyone else in the world is trying to actually get usefull things accomplished thats why they go at normal speed because they have important things to do unlike the witnesses who are trying to loligag as much as possible...unless of course they are on their way to a break in which case the doughnuts await and they resume normal speed.

-April

• kittyeatzjdubs
    kittyeatzjdubs

because they're human. it's not natural to be possesed by some kind of joy to walk to a strangers house to give them a message that u know is crap...or at least should know.

that's why i always wanted to laugh when i would be at the meetings and pioneers would give experiences of how the ministry filled them with such joy and whatever.

luv, kitty

• JH
    JH

They walk slowly because they AREN'T anxious to get to the next door.....

• jillbedford
    jillbedford

As the runner I am, I clocked some witnesses walking door to door with my Forerunner 201 GPS. They are going at 53 minute miles. At this pace, it was take 23 hours and 14 minutes to finish a full marathon.

Aren't they suposed to be running the race for life?

Even 80 year olds who run full marathons, this is 26.2 miles can finish in under 7 hours.

Laziness is going on with this slow walk to the next door.

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo
    I am almost sure I saw a couple actually walking backwards a few weeks ago..honest.

LOL Helios. I was actually thinking of waiting outside the KH (I'm guessing they must meet there to go on the 'Service' at wekends) and follow a depressed-looking one (wow - that should be a tough CHOICE!) just to see HOW many 'calls' they cover and how long it takes. We could plot a chart.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit