Jehovah's Witnesses code of dress.

by onlyme 42 Replies latest jw friends

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

Well in Ohio and Kentucky both, "sisters" wear pants quite frequently in their leisure time they just werent allowed to wear them to meetings. For some reason though in the early 1980's it was frowned upon to wear designer jeans, men or women, especially if they were tight. I imagine nowadays with the baggy look being in style they force their kids to wear tight jeans just to be different from the rest of the kids.

I have a friend at work and he says that in Colorado all of the JW women wore ankle length dresses and hair in a bun, I found that hard to believe and suggested they were pentecostal women, he swears they were JW.

No matter what the style of clothes the Elders will always try to make you stand out and be different. Beards are another example of this.

Dave

• misspeaches
    misspeaches

Here in Australia you would not wear pants to any 'theocratic' arrangement - meetings, assemblies, field service. its skirts and dresses only... i have NEVER seen a woman wear pants to any of those things.

• lilbit
    lilbit
    While talking about how Christians should be aware of their dress and grooming at all times, he gave the illustration of a sister spring cleaing her house. Imagine, he told us, she is wearing old torn jeans, covered in dust, dirt and sweat, her hair messed up. Imagine this sister's embarrassement when a carload of witnesses pulls up and the Circuit Overseer gets out of the car.

Hell they would have found me cleaning in cutoff shorts and a bikini top. You know what I would have said. Hi guys theres tea in the fridge help yourselves Im kinda in the middle of spring cleaning. If they didnt like it they could kiss my rosy red half breed ass. (hmmm think my attitude could have had anything to do with me always getting gossiped about?)

Lilbit

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

It is not condemened but VERY frowned upon - for meetings or filed service

• iamforeverfree
    iamforeverfree

personally I wouldn't mind if the confident and attractive sisters wore sexy dresses. I mean, we all ready think of them as hot and talk about them as hot so they should dress hot. am I right or an I right.

• sweet tee
    sweet tee
    Do they have underwear inspections?

Perhaps they have the sisters stand on their heads?

I see London, I see France, I see ________ underpants.

Blondie - ROFLMAO

• sweet tee
    sweet tee

There was a sister at my last dumbhall that had a huge behind. The other sis' were so jealous they were always criticizing the way she dressed. And she better not show her little bitty cleavage or they'd really hit the roof. Jealous wenches, all of them.

I told her they were just mad cause their husbands were always watching her go to her seat. Mine too, most likely. So what! These people act as though JW men aren't just like almost every other male of the species. Love, love, love to look at women.

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

men must wear matching socks

oh my the number of times i got hauled into the encouragemant room because my socks werent matching

• rebel8
    rebel8

So someone could say, "Mr. Elder, I saw Joanie changing her clothes when she stayed over at my house and she wears <gasp> thong underwear."...and then there'd be a JC just for that? Or would it just be an add-on to other "evidence" of "immorality"?

In my area it was very uncommon to see someone in a turban. There was a white sista that wore a turban and she was interviewed on tv for who knows what. Then they announced at all the area kingdumb hells that sistas are not allowed to wear turbans because it makes the dubs look like they're wierd and they want to look mainstream. If the shoe fits...

• MerryMagdalene
    MerryMagdalene

"encouragement room"...sounds positively medieval

we should have all been strung up by our non-matching socks, snoopy ties, fishnet stockings and thongs and left to swing in the breeze in front of our KHs as a warning to others

~Merry

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit