Jehovah's Witnesses code of dress.

by onlyme 42 Replies latest jw friends

• benito
    benito

In Spain, the sisters ALWAYS wear skirts or dresses, you will never see a woman at the meetings or on field service with pants.

• sweet tee
    sweet tee

Dragonlady said thongs are forbidden? I'll be damned if anybody is going to tell me what type of underwear to wear. Give me a f'ing break! How much control do they have to have over people?

• sweet tee
    sweet tee

They give God a bad name.

• blondie
    blondie
    Dragonlady said thongs are forbidden? I'll be damned if anybody is going to tell me what type of underwear to wear.

Do they have underwear inspections?

Perhaps they have the sisters stand on their heads?

I see London, I see France, I see ________ underpants.

• undercover
    undercover

I remember an elder giving a Sunday talk on moderation in habits, dress and grooming, etc. I don't know if he came up with this illustration on his own or if it was on the manuscript but he ruffled a lot of feathers.

While talking about how Christians should be aware of their dress and grooming at all times, he gave the illustration of a sister spring cleaing her house. Imagine, he told us, she is wearing old torn jeans, covered in dust, dirt and sweat, her hair messed up. Imagine this sister's embarrassement when a carload of witnesses pulls up and the Circuit Overseer gets out of the car.

My first thought was, "how else would you expect to see someone who is spring cleaning". This isn't Green Acres where Mr. Douglas does all his farming in a suit and tie.

I remember that the large majority of the congregation had negative things to say about this illustration after the meeting was over. A couple of the more out-spoken sisters cornered him in the lobby and gave him a piece of their mind. Having known the speaker since grade school I just considered the source (he was a dumbass) and ignored it.

• undercover
    undercover
    Dragonlady said thongs are forbidden? I'll be damned if anybody is going to tell me what type of underwear to wear.

Do they have underwear inspections?

I know for a fact that if a sister is brought before a Judicial Committee for immorality, her dress, including type of underwear, could be discussed and depending on what she was wearing, may play a part in how the elders decide her fate.

I don't know if that line of questioning comes from direction from the WTS or if some elders just want to get their rocks off by getting a sister to talk about her undies but I have seen it happen.

dress code for men: polyester suits with stretched-out pockets attributable to the effect of obesity on fabric. No beards or mustaches permitted. Pants must clear the floor by at least 5 inches.

dress code for women: dresses only, and make sure nothing is showing, unless you're obese, in which case show all.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

Undercover:

I'd never attend a judicial committee. They can have it without me, thank you. But seriously, if somebody asked me what kind of underwear I was wearing I would laugh in their face and say: why, do you want to buy me some?

Boy, can you imagine the dirty pictures in their heads after all they hear?

How can anybody subject themselves to this?

• Dragonlady76
    Dragonlady76
    I know for a fact that if a sister is brought before a Judicial Committee for immorality, her dress, including type of underwear, could be discussed and depending on what she was wearing, may play a part in how the elders decide her fate.

Pantylines!

Heaven forbid you wear thongs and the panty line becomes visible, it would said that they could be stumbling.... to others me thinks mainly to the sexually repressed men that attend the kingdumb hall. And yes they can use that thong against you in a JC.

DL76

• Chia
    Chia

Thankfully no one asked me what kind of underwear I was wearing. It was already bad enough!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit