idiots who scream you're wrong when you're not--road rage

by rebel8 23 Replies latest social relationships

• rebel8
    rebel8

Besides my desire to hit 700 posts before noon (EST) and a general base appeal for validation and attention (heee, hee), I would like to vent about something that just happened.

I was at an intersection with another vehicle. He was in the left turn only lane (conveniently located on the left); I was in the lane very clearly marked as left OR right turn only (conveniently located to the right of the other driver)...meaning I have the option of turning right or left, right? So the light turns green and we both turn left. After the turn, there are 2 possible lanes going straight and another 2 turning a quick right. We both should have entered the straight-bound lanes, me in the right straight-bound lane and he in the left straight-bound lane. If I wanted to make an immediate right at the next intersection, I could have opted to enter the right turn only lane, too, and it would have been perfectly safe and legal.

Idiot decides to swerve over into my lane as we're turning, so I slam on my brakes and honk. I honked for safety, not to express my anger. He came to a complete stop and wouldn't move. Finally he started inching forward but crossed in front of me anyway, then entered the far right turn lane, crossing a total of 4 lanes without so much as a signal or yielding the right of way.

Then he stops at the next red light, rolls down his window, leans halfway out of it (which was quite an accomplishment because he was quite overweight...let's just say he may have met Richard Simmons at some point in his life), and begins screaming at me. Now, HE WAS WRONG! I told him to go back and look at the sign. He continues, so I shouted some choice obscenities and kept repeating "you are wrong" over and over. He looked like he was about to have a heart attack.

Why carry on if you aren't 100% positive you are right?

• minimus
    minimus

I woulda yelled at him, "F-off and go buy some more donuts".

• kls
    kls

I swear most people driving are braindead . Once a week i have to go into my docs office to have my bloodpressure checked and everytime i go there it is higher then it was when i took it at home and i tell my doc "If anything will raise my BP is driving on the roads with the braindead"

I just love it when people driving see a cop and they slam on the brakes even thou all are doing the speed limit

I won't even go into the stupid women who drove with one hand while she twirled her hair , boy did the thoughts of road rage go through my head.

As you can tell ,i get a little annoyed with other drivers Sorry to vent on your post Rebel but you hit a sore spot

• kls
    kls

I swear most people driving are braindead . Once a week i have to go into my docs office to have my bloodpressure checked and everytime i go there it is higher then it was when i took it at home and i tell my doc "If anything will raise my BP is driving on the roads with the braindead"

I just love it when people driving see a cop and they slam on the brakes even thou all are doing the speed limit

I won't even go into the stupid women who drove with one hand while she twirled her hair , boy did the thoughts of road rage go through my head.

As you can tell ,i get a little annoyed with other drivers Sorry to vent on your post Rebel but you hit a sore spot

• fairchild
    fairchild

Ouch. I go grocery shopping once or twice a month with a friend. This friend has incredible road rage. She will actually get out of the car at traffic lights and start screaming at people, calling them every name in the book and more. It is extremely embarrassing. I usually get out of the car too and start telling people "she doesn't mean it, she doesn't mean it.." One time she actually punched a guy in the face only because she decided that his car was parked too close to hers. Yes I know this sounds all too strange but it is true. My shopping buddy doesn't have many friends (lol), she is extremely hot headed, always has been. I always tell her, leave people alone, because you never know whom you are talking to. She also got pulled over a couple of weeks ago for flipping off a police car because the car passed her at high speed. She flipped him off and he stopped, giving her a ticket. Another time she started yelling at a police officer because -again- he was parked too close to her car. She called him a moron and a lowlife, and I was standing next to her, begging the police officer not to arrest us. You wanna hear some more stories about road rage?

*answer yes or no and you will be one post closer to 700* LOL

• kls
    kls

oops double postsorry

• kittyeatzjdubs
    kittyeatzjdubs

kls, u just touched on my major driving pet peeve...although mine is a tad different...

memphis is already rated to have the #1 worst drivers in the country. i have to deal with them every morning and evening. what pisses me off is when i'm on the interstate and there's a cop all the way on the other side and people will slam on the brakes and slow to like 35 mph.....now keep in mind.....THERE'S A FRIGGIN' CONCRETE WALL BETWEEN U AND THE COP!!!! I MEAN JESUS!!! WHAT'S HE GONNA DO??? BUST THROUGH THE WALL TO GIVE U'R SORRY ARSE A TICKET???!!!!

i hate memphis.

luv, kitty

• rebel8
    rebel8
    *answer yes or no and you will be one post closer to 700* LOL

Yes! LOL

• Chia
    Chia

I have road rage. I know it's terrible but people drive so crazy nowadays. Especially since I live fairly close to the big city, and people really drive crazy there. My word of choice is...well, obviously it can't be repeated. Let's just say it starts with "f" and ends with "er".

People who don't signal are my pet peeve.

• kls
    kls

I got another one ,people who cut in front of you even thou there are no other cars coming and drive really slow

Damn after this thread i better stay off the road today cause me temper is rising just thinking about it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit