Society once again teaches: Creative days were 7000 years each!

by sir82 49 Replies latest jw friends

• sir82
    sir82

Abaddon:

This was a lecture given by a Bethel "heavy" during a Gilead class. I would assume that anything taught in such a setting would be carefully monitored & vetted.

Of course, as AlanF noted, this may be a case of his personal thoughts leaking through despite the controlled setting.

• Abaddon
    Abaddon

I actually found the more 'senior' (in both senses of the word) the Elder giving the talk, the more latitude there was.

The 'anklets and slit-skirts' bit was off a DC talk on Sunday by some Bethel reptile, who later I recall treated us to the longest prayer on record at a British DC; 9 minutes, 42 seconds I think. Before lunch.

Funny they never said anything about the advisability of wearing slips at stadia convetions, due to the backlighting effect on anyone going from the internal concourse to the seats on the stands. Being Attendant that year was the best bit of volunteering I did.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

THANKS, ALANF!

What is especialy interesting is that of course ALL JWs would tell you that NUMEROLOGY was an aspect of FALSE RELIGION.

Are they aware that their so called "bible-based chronology" is not actually bible based, but is founded in the religious beliefs of ancient BABYLON? Zoroastrians and Yezidis say that the world will last 7,000 years.

What a conundrum! Pastor Russell was a tabla rasa writ upon by the hand of God himself, unpolluted by the Millerites and Second Adventists like Barbour & Storrs. So where did Chucky happen to pick up his 7,000 year teaching? From the same place he picked up his Pyramidology teachings - emanations from the Pleiades, no doubt.

(Edited to remove alt-0153 trademark character which is interpreted as a ?)

• jaredg
    jaredg

maybe Brother Liverance didn't get the memo

• scholar
    scholar

Alan F

There are no politics in Bethel and all this tak of liberals and conservatives simply amounts to wishful and perverted thinking. The brother concerned is simply championing the fact that WT chronology is superior to the secular as it is able to go right back to Adam. Jehovah God the great Timekeeper alerts sincere Christians to enough information to develop a workable chronology whereas the Devil's chronology is a mimic, confused and unworkable.

scholar JW

• minimus
    minimus

Scholar, what exactly is the "Devil's chronology"? You gotta be kidding, right?

• AlanF
    AlanF

scholar pretendus said:

: There are no politics in Bethel

HAHAHAHAHA!

There are no drunken GB wives either, I suppose.

: and all this tak of liberals and conservatives simply amounts to wishful and perverted thinking.

Nope. It amounts to conversations with former and present insiders.

: The brother concerned is simply championing the fact that WT chronology is superior to the secular

Nope. He's living in the past. I know a lot about this guy Wallace Liverance because I know his brother.

: as it is able to go right back to Adam.

Uh huh. And Adam lived long after Europe was populated with sophisticated Stone Age people like the famous Ice Man found frozen in a glacier in the Austrian Alps a few years ago, who died around 5000 B.C.

: Jehovah God the great Timekeeper alerts sincere Christians to enough information to develop a workable chronology whereas the Devil's chronology is a mimic, confused and unworkable.

LOL! The Devil's chronology! You're a living atavism there, scholar pretendus. And totally delusional.

AlanF

• Honesty
    Honesty

*** Rbi8 Genesis 1:5 ***
    5 And God began calling the light Day, but the darkness he called Night. And there came to be evening and there came to be morning, a first day.

*** Rbi8 Genesis 1:7-8 ***
    8 And God began to call the expanse Heaven. And there came to be evening and there came to be morning, a second day

*** Rbi8 Genesis 1:12-13 ***
    it according to its kind. Then God saw that [it was] good. 13 And there came to be evening and there came to be morning, a third day.

*** Rbi8 Genesis 1:19 ***
    19 And there came to be evening and there came to be morning, a fourth day.

*** Rbi8 Genesis 1:23 ***
    23 And there came to be evening and there came to be morning, a fifth day.

*** Rbi8 Genesis 1:31 ***
    31 After that God saw everything he had made and, look! [it was] very good. And there came to be evening and there came to be morning, a sixth day.

*** Rbi8 Genesis 2:4 ***
    4 This is a history of the heavens and the earth in the time of their being created, in the day that Jehovah God made earth and heaven.

What is so complicated about this?

• johnny cip
    johnny cip

i'm sure the wt said eve was created in the same year as adam 4026 b.c. i'm pretty sure it was the oct 8 1968 awake pg 13-14. i could be wrong on the date the wt printed it . but i'm 100% positive. the wt said eve was created in 4026 b.c the same year as adam. some one please post it . b/c i'm to lazy to look it up john

• OldSoul
    OldSoul

So .. lemme get this straight .. Satan knew when the end would come before Jesus? At a time when Jesus said, "No one knows ...?" Erm. {head scratch} actually, he said the Father knew .. so if Satan and the Father knew, and Jesus said only the Father knew .. then logically ..

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit