How Much Time Did You Spend as a JW?

by eljefe 24 Replies latest jw friends

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

About 14 years (13 to 27)... 10 of them full-time

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

All I knew from the age of 5. Bptzed at 17. Left at 48.

So, 43 years total. 31 years baptized.

Yes I think the resentment is immense at first. The healing comes when the resentment fades. Gotta let go at some point, and start living again.

Jeff

• HappyDad
    HappyDad

Mother was "fooled" into the "truf" in 1961 when I was 14 and pushed it at me all the time. I started studying when I got out of the Army in 1968 and baptized in 1970.....AFTER I already married my wonderful JW wife the year before.

Started slowly fading about 1998-99 and last meeting in 2003 (memorial) after not being at any meetings for well over a year. So I have to say............

9 years knowing about it.

33 years baptized.

42 years total.

HappyDad

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

Began to study in 1969. Baptized in 1972. Left in 1999.

30 years of meetings, service and slavery the JW lifestyle.

• New Worldly Translation
    New Worldly Translation

Birth - 26 y.o.

12 years baptized.

I do think the number of years you are in the org parallels the resentment felt. It's kinda like investing in a Robert Maxwell pension fund only to find out you got screwed over.

• luna2
    luna2

Started studying at 28, baptised 3 years later, started fading 4 years ago, found out that it was all a load of rubbish about 3 weeks ago. So...just short of 21 years believing it was the truth with 15 of those years being baptized and active.

• PaulJ
    PaulJ

let me see now... dunked in 1993, left in 2003, wow 10 years baptised! before that i gave my first talk at 7 (not bad eh?) mum and dad came into thr truth when i was 4-5....

• Chia
    Chia

Born and raised, baptized 10 years.

• mouthy
    mouthy

25 years in
    2o years baptized ...

thought it was the truth? after 5 yrs.study!!!! silly me

• eljefe
    eljefe

As I look at this list I think of the cheesy commercials on TV where they "Over 25 years of combined experience." From this list I see we have about 300 years of getting screwed.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit