How Much Time Did You Spend as a JW?

by eljefe 24 Replies latest jw friends

• eljefe
    eljefe

25 Years Total
    15 Years Baptized

Also, does the resentment for JW's grow in a linear or a exponential manner with time spent as a JW?

I believe it is exponential since you have less of your life to live.

• FMZ
    FMZ

20 years born and raised.

FMZ

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

27 years total

14 years baptized

GBL

• Frog
    Frog

Let's see, parents got dunked when I was about 2y/o, but were associated since before I was conceived...I left the org first time when I was 17.5y/o for 1 year then went back, left next when I was 22.5y/o, but went back at 23 on-again-off-again for 6months. So that would = 9months for gestation, +17.5years+4years+6months=21years & 9months too many!! frog

• Aude_Sapere
    Aude_Sapere

Parents started studying when I was 9.

I was baptized at 14.

Faded by 34.

25 (mostly) wasted years.

-Aude.

• Es
    Es

brought up in the truth baptized at 13 left at 23 es

• hartstrings
    hartstrings

My entire life, baptized at age 14.

• sweet tee
    sweet tee

Studied for a year on and off - wanted to get into the 'ark' before the big A and rushed to be baptized. Stayed in for 11 years straight, became irregular for the last year - got dfd at the 12 year mark. Basically gave up my late teens, early twenties to the borg . Glad I got out when I did. I still have a lot of life left to live

• JAVA
    JAVA

10 years growing up
    20 years baptized

30 total years

Escaped 20 years ago (the best 20 years of my life).

• Midget-Sasquatch
    Midget-Sasquatch

Stuck growing up as a jw from about 5 yrs old. Got baptized at about 19/20 yrs. I really tried being spiritual since most of my life I didn't believe in anything. Thankfully spent the next four years focussing more on my schooling, but still attending meetings etc. Been idling and coasting the last few years.

Edited to add: A sum of about 27 yrs.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit