Just got my MFA

by under74 29 Replies latest jw friends

• Peppermint
    Peppermint

Well-done under74 and all the best in wherever this leads you.

• HadEnuf
    HadEnuf

Congrats! You've made us proud!

Cathy L.

• ChrisVance
    ChrisVance

Congratulations! I thought I was going to graduate this month with an MA in applied linguistics, but, alas, my thesis was rejected. Back to the drawing board.

• under74
    under74

Thanks everyone.

I'm sorry Chris. I think the program I was in couldn't really reject anyone's thesis since it was an added on requirement and those with the pass/fail power don't actually read them until it's too late to fail people. Chin up. You'll be alright.

• Es
    Es

Congrats....i remember when i had finished my exams for secondary college i was lost i didnt know what to do. I felt like i should have been studyin but there was nothing to study for es

• ljwtiamb
    ljwtiamb
    Old enough to know better, too young to care..................okay 30.
    I was raised a JW.
    I've been gone since I was a teenager....never got baptized--when my mom left so did I.

Why do you ask?

In the past, I used examples of others to encourage pioneering and acts of devotion to WTS.

Now, I will speak of you to show jws that there can be successful life after WT.

• under74
    under74

Ahh, I see ljw. Feel free to mention me whenever. Also, all my siblings are doing pretty well despit how we were raised. One owns his own business now, one about to start grad school, and the other two have good jobs and happy lives.

And none of us graduated from highschool due to all the JW bs.

• under74
    under74

Thanks Es and everyone else I haven't mentioned by name.

I'm not totally lost but it's a little weird in that for the past two years all my focus has been on grad school and now it's over.

• stevenyc
    stevenyc

Hi 74,

Congrats on the MFA.

Do you want to continue in the Film/Video arena or are you thinking of going somewhere else?

steve

• under74
    under74

Thanks Steve, I like doing it and it's what I studied in undergrad and grad school so it's 6 years of my life I've focused on it. But I know it all comes down to paying rent.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit