Just got my MFA

by under74 29 Replies latest jw friends

• under74
    under74

Yeah....reality still hasn't set in yet but I'm done with grad school. Finished my thesis and my MFA show on Thursday. Still tired. I'm kind of glad it's over (at least the work) but I'm thinking about it now and thinking I'll miss a lot of people I went to school with...

BUT it's over and soon I'll be thinking " Now what?" I'm going to try to catch up on sleep before that though...

• under74
    under74

PS- If anyone's got any advice to someone seemingly starting over again please post it here....

All I know is I'm going to my mom's for a month or two and then I'll have to join the real world of loan payments and regular jobs.

• talesin
    talesin

It doesn't get much better than that!

That's quite an accomplishment. Painting, sculpture, textile design, jewellery? Curious, here!

t

• under74
    under74

film/video

• under74
    under74

and thanks!

• talesin
    talesin

Awesome! We have a film program at the art college here, too. You have the world wide open to ya. I'm really happy for you. Persistence will get you there ... and it's still not much of a wimminz world in that field, but you will be more than fine, I'm sure.

Right on, sista!

tal

• under74
    under74

Thanks for the boost tal.

• prophecor
    prophecor

Congratulations U74, It'll be something that I'm sure will pay for itself in the long run. Enjoy some time off............and then, run like Hell some more...jk. Congrats, Now go get a well deserved bottle of Wild Turkey

• OldSoul
    OldSoul

Congrats!

• rebel8
    rebel8

That's awesome!!!!!! It's a major accomplishment. Reward yourself! Go out and get drunk or something (of course, don't drive too).

I know I felt like I was on cloud 9 when I got my master's. And Armageddon didn't come before I had a chance to finish, suprise.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit