There is no graceful way to back out ...

by ljwtiamb 20 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo

I agree with Sith - when I look back over the Society's history, I see a religion that has evolved (which it has had to/is having to, in order to survive) - many of its members have evolved with it, yet others have been unable to.

• Honesty
    Honesty
    many of its members have evolved with it, yet others have been unable to.

Isn't it sad that the members who have evolved with the WTS are clinging to a spiritually dead religion. As for the ones who have been unable to evolve, they just see the light that is steady in another venue and try to quietly fade into WT oblivion. Unfortunately, the apostate WT GB will not let people leave in peace. Their attitude has and probably will always be their way or the desolation highway with fragmented and dysfunctional families lying in the wake of the huge WT ship of fools.

• vitty
    vitty

Last year when I started learning the truth about the truth, I thought the WTs end would be iminant, but now I realize, this has been going on for decades. The truth is the majority if JWs know nothing of the scandles, child abuse or the UN, and if they do they dont care.

If they can get away with the 1975 fiasco and survive do you really think that a little thing like the doctrine change and the UN thing will do much harm??

The WT will go on and on and on unfortunately.

• sweet tee
    sweet tee

I think the WT will go on but their membership will dwindle in developed countries where people have access to more information whether it be the internet or the media.

My mom has a friend who watched every TV show about JW's and Ex-JW's. She believes they are a cult and wanted so much for me to find out what was going on but I refused to listen to her. It wasn't until after I left and was thinking about going back that I began to uncover the real story behind the tower.

The truth about the troof is already out, and they have and will continue to lose members and it will be much more difficult to bring in new recruits. IMHO.

• JT
    JT

I didn't know there was a mass exodus. $$$$$$$$ i have found this to be a catch phrase used by many former jw, when in reality there is NO MASS EXODUS, much like the drying up of waters that the wt speaks of, it just aint' happening relgiions for the most part are here to stay- whenever i hear a former jw say MASS EXODUS, i ask, can you name ONE HALL THAT SHUTDOWN due to dogma changes when you consider an avg hall of 130 pub, - ok 3 folks leave due to dogma change, that ain't no mass exodus in my mind a mass exodus is what happened to hUBERT ARMSTRONG'S CHURCH now that is a mass exodus, they say almost 80% left after they admited they had been blowing smoke into folks eyes i think it is fool hearted to beleive that there will be some mass exodus, the wt appeals to the most basic need for folks ANSERS TO LIFES DIFFICULT ISSUES and wt does that better than anyone i know,doesn't matter if the ansswer is correct, it only matters to the person if they belive the answer wt sells perhaps one of the finest products on the market --HOPE- now it is true they can't deliver the products they sell, but EVERY SINGLE ONE OF will agree -perhaps that no one has a slicker sales BROCHURE TO OFFER FOLKS

• OldSoul
    OldSoul

The writing is on the wall, so to speak. The money is going away. Joyzabel asked about the Catholic Church. They have had enormous wealth at there disposal for as long as they have been a religion. The recent dicrediting due to scandal rocked them hard. The hits to their pocketbook are having an effect.

The JWs don't have nearly the resources of the Roman Catholics. There is no comparison, really. The money is drying up, the membership isn't ponying up the bucks anymore.

• upside/down
    upside/down

Go to a kingdom hall... they're almost empty...the exception being wealthier areas where on Sunday it's the social thing to do.

It's a brain dead environment... I found (and I wasn't alone) the meetings a lesson in endurance and long-suffering. The contribution box only had sizeable $$ in it after a hard-core guilt talk on supporting the work was given... other wise it was a pittance.

Also unlike the RC church the Dubs aren't riding the back of any Gov't. The RCC was as much a Gov't as any... now it's more of a novelty item with "nostalgia"... no real force in peoples lives anymore. The inertia of being so huge is what carries it.

The Dubs are not growing... eventually it will mean their demise...

I read in a book on religion the comments on JW's.... it was very positive except for one comment... the achilles heal of the JW's is there end of the world prophecies... if it doesn't come soon... their entire doctrine... no matter how well thought out an seemingly right... will lose all credibility.

Nuff said.

u/d

• sweet tee
    sweet tee

Amen u/d! The wolf cry has gone out way too many times to be ignored and/or blamed on the R&F. People are getting tired of waiting for the end to arrive.

And for all you doubters answer me this:

What's going to happen when the last member of the pre 1935 GB is gone?

Besides 'new light' from the writing dept. that is.

• ljwtiamb
    ljwtiamb

Maybe the GB don't have to die out. Since, the WTS does not publish a 'who's who' of the anointed, they could just claim that all the new anointed guys & gals are replacements for the growning number of apostates.

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

I think the GB now allowing members to attend college will backfire on them in the end. Also obviously the internet is educating people about the cult.

I really think the younger generation leaving will cause so much confusion and dispair in their parents that there are indeed dark times ahead for a lot of nice oldsters stuck in that cult. The next 10-20 years will be interesting.

GBL

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit