There is no graceful way to back out ...

by ljwtiamb 20 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• ljwtiamb
    ljwtiamb

I find it interesting that the chickens have come home to roost for WTS.

Just as they have allowed no dignified way to exit the org, without disgrace, there seems to be no way for them to gracefully apologize for past (errors???).

Just think of the recent mass exodus of faithful that has come about with each major doctrine change. So many have been ruined by devoting their lives to the GB, that even if there was a sincere effort to correct things, I believe that the vast majority of the current membership would just revolt.

It's just a matter of time before the entire house of cards comes tumbling down.

So, whaddya think?

• Euphemism
    Euphemism

As far as I can see, they have four options:

1) Make no changes. I don't think this is really an option. They wouldn't have goten legal recognition in several European countries if they hadn't weaselled on the blood issue. The generation teaching was getting unsustainable. The civilian service position created a major deterrent for young men to join. Etc.

2) Continue the current path of non-apology apologies whenever they have to make a change, and take the losses. This only works if they can continue to bring in new members (through foreign language groups or whatever other method) to replace the old ones who leave or are discouraged by the changes.

3) Ramp up the apology a little bit. This would only work if it's combined with a subtle, overall softening of the dogmatism. This might lose them some people, but IMHO it would enable them to keep more of the waverers, and even a lot of the stalwarts would find it a very welcome change.

4) Do a Worldwide Church of God-style mega-apology. This would be the most honest and appropriate thing to do, but it would suck from a membership perspective. When WCG did this, they suffered major schisms.

I think their best bet--purely from the perspective of retaining members--would be #3. It's the course that most new religious movements take--gradually softening and going mainstream over time.

• prophecor
    prophecor

People are awakening to the reality of the situation, that the WTS is not all that it's cracked up to be. The internet has made the true knowledge available. There will have to be some kind of change as there are so many here who are active witnesses on this board alone, and in good standing, some who are even elders in the congo. The word surely must be getting out. It can only get worse, from the inside out.

• Buhdee
    Buhdee

I didn't know there was a mass exodus.

• ljwtiamb
    ljwtiamb

I was referring to the large numbers that left after the recent new light on the 'generation' definition.

• Sith
    Sith

This house of cards has remained in place for well over a hundred years now. The JWs will continue to bring new ones to the fold, those that have no clue about lies-past. The "devout" will continue to cling to the "new light", while weeding out the unbelieving. I see no end to it. Reform, maybe, but it'll continue in one form or another. You can fool some of the people all of the time. It's a vicious cycle

• Joyzabel
    Joyzabel

The Roman Catholic house of cards have been going on for over 2000 years......so why not the WTBTS?

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

It's the internet mainly that will cause the most damage pretty soon especially if the warning get stronger and stronger more and more will smell a rat. I bet there are lots in writting,legal,accounting,COs and DOs who already know the Governing Body are hiding something it doesn't take a rocket scientist to see the GB are dishonest too the max, because they see it first hand in the way the GB deal with trouble makers. It's getting ready to explode.

• kls
    kls

I can only hope i see a huge exodus in my life time so i can die with a huge smile on my face

• Carmel
    Carmel

I can't believe it! Yep, real, real, real soon now! Any day! (where have I heard this before?)

carmel

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit