i have to hate them

by joelbear 28 Replies latest jw friends

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

((((((Joel))))))

I am so glad that you came here to vent. You're right! Nobody can understand the devastation that the WTS leaves in its wake, much like a tornado. Only ones who have been there can relate to this hideous and unique experience.

The WTS purposely and directly causes the shredding of familes and friends. They are masters at it, as you know. But they can't shred us as individuals unless we let them. WE have to make up our mind to focus on the plus side---of all the crap that we don't have to deal with or put up with any more!!!! (YAY)

Yeah, they've taken a LOT away from us....but we ARE the better for it! Breaking free of their horrible and meaningless lifestyle is so liberating and we must celebrate that every day!

We can grow as PEOPLE, individuals that are all different but share this nasty cult in common. We can be who we are, go where we please and spend time the way we choose to without checking a publication to see if some old farts in Brooklyn say we can.

It's tough, Hon, but you have so much going for you, you......as a warm human being that has a lot to offer and to enjoy. Don't let them spoil your life any more. They've taken enough from you.

Don't be such a stranger on here!!! And take good care of yourself!

You are worth it!

many warm hugs,

Annie

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

((((((Joelbear)))))))

So strange...I was just thinking of you yesterday and wondering how you were. I'm sorry to hear you're hurting. We are here. We understand. And together we survive. It's not "surviving gracefully" that matters, it's surviving. We do the best with what we have. You're in my prayers and thoughts. PM me if you ever want to. I feel like one of the few old timers that remembers you from years past.

When you say friends are taking care of you, do you mean friends or Mitch?

Love,

Andi

• Soledad
    Soledad

sorry Joelbear. Here I am feeling low myself but I forget how many others out there have gone through the same thing.

we'll survive. hang in there.

• joelbear
    joelbear

i knew this morning after to talking to dad that i had a place to come. i feel safe here because there is much love here. i waited to few hours to come back so a lot of you would have time to post. it has reached me and warmed me and i thank you all, especially those of you who have been there for years, just there when i need you.

• blondie
    blondie
    I have friends taking care of me

That's what I concentrate on. Not what has been taken from me but the joys I have gained. joelbear, you have friends, people without price that have proven they won't abandon you.

And you have more than one.

Blondie

• Es
    Es

Hey Joel Im so sorry for your pain....we are all here when you need us hope the pain slowly over time subsides as I know it will never fully go away.Thinking of ya es

• love11
    love11

Joel- I went through 10 years of depression after leaving the jw's. I went through many phases between anger, utter sadness, hurt, guilty, disappointed, ashamed, you name it. But for the past couple of years I have been getting out of my 10 year funk. The only thing that I can tell you is my secret for being happy more days then being sad is- I've found my own version of what happiness is, not someone elses. I found something to live for. I stopped believing everyone elses views about me, and began to create the person I wanted to be and who I really was on the inside that no one else saw, yet. I knew that it would take me years to get to my goal of being exactly the person I've always wanted to be, so I planned accordingly.(still in progress) I've planned for little goals all the way to the big goal. Also, I decided that these people that make me feel bad about myself are not losing sleep over me, so why should I care about what they think. The idea of family to me has changed considerably! I think of myself now and allow for some "selfishness" pampering. I narrowed down what my responsibilities are- and they are not trying to preserve a relationship with people that shi* on me. I've eliminated toxins of all kinds out of my life- people, drugs, alcohol, coffee,etc. And have gradually over the past few years replaced those things with things that nourish me- exercise, vitamins, herbs, tea, soy milk,etc,. (Find what's right for you) And I have allowed myself to make mistakes and not feel as guilty as I used to when I don't live up to my own expectations. I have stopped having an inner dialog that puts myself down or any negative talk. (If I catch myself saying anything negative to me, I stop and say, "That's their words, not mine." At first, I noticed I put myself down so much in my thoughts that I actually started a thing for when that happens- I would pinch my leg and say, "Stop It! You are not like that! That's who they think you are, but you just be yourself." I know it sounds crazy. But it worked! Also, there's no shame in getting med's when you've been through severe brain washing.

Now...........I have a much more positive outlook on life and I have far more good days then bad now. You owe it to yourself to have the best life you can have right now. You have an advantage over all of the JW's in the world. They are still waiting for their life to really begin until after armaggedon. LOL When you can start living all of your dreams right now! It may take awhile to get to that great phase in your life, but you will get there! Don't give up by killing yourself, that's what they want you to do so that they can say, " See, poor Joel left "the truth" and he committed suicide...... it just doesn't pay to leave Jehovah's organization." Well................what's that saying? ......Living a good life is the best revenge.

I remember when my husband and I first got married, his "friend" stole thousands of dollars of music equipment from him. Professional microphones, amps, guitar, bass, some pedal thing, recording devises, etc,. We were so pissed for years about that! But you won't believe what happened to his friend. Years later I saw him, he was in my alley looking through my garbage before he got back on the truck. He looked like a slob and we heard rumors that he sold all of that equipment and everything in his house to get coked up. Right now he is living in filth and scrambling to buy coke. Not that I wish bad on anyone, but he got what he deserved.

Now......I don't even know anyone that is like that. I had to stay away from everyone I knew from infancy. I am now in the process of saving to move far away from here and not telling a soul where I will be going. I'm reinventing myself because I didn't like being the abused child, JW, ex-jw, poor person, depressed person, confused person, low self-esteem person that they have made me. Hope that helps. Love

• embeth2525
    embeth2525

Been there, done that, please hang in there, it will get better.

• love2Bworldly
    love2Bworldly

Sorry to hear you are having such a hard time. love11 has good advice about taking good care of your physical health. I have suffered from depression since I was a little girl but didn't really understand what was wrong with me until I was in my 30's. Please always remember that no matter how bad you feel--there will be a lot of people who would suffer greatly if they lost you to suicide; it may seem like an easy way out, but you can't undo it if you are successful. So take it one day at a time and keep plugging along. I consider this forum to be my little outlet as I love to write my thoughts and feelings down, and it's cheaper than therapy.

Anyway--I wish you happy thoughts. Treat yourself to a full body massage once in a while--it really helps me with tension and sometimes even lets out locked up emotions. Take good care of yourself, you are worth it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit