Comments You Will Not Hear at the 5-15-05 WT Study (Children Pt 2)

by blondie 28 Replies latest watchtower bible

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Children are an easy target: and even more so in a JW congregation where the elders conceal who the pedophile predators are.

To escape the snares of the pedophile, parents must be suspicious of every person in the congregation.

absolutely

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

parents get those kids pioneering

• Gopher
    Gopher

Stillajwexelder said what I was about to say -- the best way for parents to protect their children is to get them out of an organization that uses legalisms to avoid reporting pedophiles and molestors to the proper authorities. If they really cared about children, if the organization were a "spiritual paradise" for children too, then they wouldn't resort to applying the "two witness" rule and trying to shut down anyone who reports molestation by appointed servants or other adult members of their organization.

Secondly, this article is a big guilt-trip for older JW's like my parents who believe they have lost their children to Satan's world. If they take this article personally, they will believe they didn't do enough to raise us to "love Jehovah" the way they do. Of course, almost every Watchtower study article is meant to induce guilt in some form.

• ezekiel3
    ezekiel3

From the book Learn from the Great Teacher, this is the sex education JW youth are getting:
    (Note that when you see a question end with ?--, this is a prompt to ask the child a question.)

lr chap. 32 pp. 170-171 How Jesus Was Protected ***

The Bible says that Satan is like a roaring lion who wants to eat us. And just as lions often pick on small animals, Satan and his demons often pick on children. (1 Peter 5:8) But Jehovah is stronger than Satan. Jehovah can protect his children or undo anything bad that Satan does to them.

Do you remember from Chapter 10 of this book what the Devil and his demons try to get us to do? -- Yes, they try to get us to have the kind of sex relations that God says is wrong. But who only should have sex relations? -- Yes, two grown people of the opposite sex who are married to each other.

However, sad to say, some grown-ups like to have sex with children. When they do, boys and girls may begin to do bad things that they have learned from these grown-ups. They also begin to use their sex organs in a wrong way. That is what happened a long time ago in the city of Sodom. The Bible says that people there, "from boy to old man," tried to have sex with men who had come to visit Lot. -Genesis 19:4, 5.

So just as Jesus needed protection, you also need to be protected from grown-ups--and even from other children--who may try to have sex with you. Usually, these people will pretend to be your friends. They may even offer you something if you will promise not to tell others about what they want to do with you. But these people are selfish, like Satan and his demons, and they only want to get pleasure for themselves. And they try to get this pleasure by having sex with children. This is very wrong!

Do you know what they may do to get pleasure for themselves? -- Well, they may try to rub your sex organs. Or they will even rub their sex organs against yours. But you should never let anybody play with your penis or vulva. Not even your own brother or sister or your mother or father. These parts of your body are private.

How can you protect your body from people who do bad things like this? -- First of all, do not let anybody play with your sex organs. If someone tries to do this, say firmly in a loud voice: "Stop that! I'm going to tell on you!" And if that person says that what happened is your fault, don't believe that. It is not true. Just go and tell on him no matter who it is! You should do so even if he says that what you are doing together is a secret just between you and him. Even if that person promises you nice presents or makes scary threats, you should get away from him and tell on him anyway.

You do not have to be afraid, but you do need to be careful. When your parents warn you about people or places that could be a danger to you, you need to listen to them. If you do, you take away a bad person's chance to hurt you.

Read about protecting yourself from wrong sex acts, at Genesis 39:7-12; Proverbs 4:14-16; 14:15, 16; 1 Corinthians 6:18; and 2 Peter 2:14.

lr chap. 10 pp. 59-60 Jesus' Power Over the Demons ***

It is important that we know what bad things the demons will try to get us to do. So think about it. What bad things did the demons do when they came to earth?-- Before the Flood, they had sex relations with women, something that was not right for angels to do. Today the demons like it when people do not obey God?s law about sex relations. Let me ask you, Who only should have sex relations-- You are right, only married people.

Today some young boys and girls have sex relations, but this is wrong for them. The Bible talks about the male "genital organ," or penis. (Leviticus 15:1-3) The female genital parts are called the vulva. Jehovah created these parts of the body for a special purpose that should be enjoyed only by married people. It makes the demons happy when people do things that are forbidden by Jehovah. For example, the demons like it when a boy and a girl play with each other's penis or vulva. We don't want to make the demons happy, do we?--

• cyber-sista
    cyber-sista

The end of this article sounds like an advertisement for the "Learn from the great teacher book" Bet they are going to have a book selling campaign on this book real soon.

I raised my daughter around the JW religion though her father was not a JW. She never did take to the religion herself (told me she never did believe it--thank goodness) The pressure that was put upon me over the years to force her to conform to the religion was very great, especially when she came into her teens. I was asked a lot about studying with her--why wasn't she baptised yet?--was I helping her to progress towards baptism? The mistake I made (according to the WT) is that I allowed her to make her own decision about the religion I couldn't believe the pressure that was put upon me then and the accusations that I was faced with by the elders and others that I should not show approval of her and her course in life and utimately that I had not "trained" her right (At 21 she married someone who was not a jw--she was not one either). I had done my best and these sorts of comments hurt me deeply. She had grown up to be a nice person and I was proud of her. But of course being a "nice" person isn't good enough for the WT.

The WT Org has no concept as to what healthy child behaviour is. Much guilt is laid upon parents to force their children to conform to the WT program and by the numbers of those leaving it's not working. It is causing a lot of emotional damage though to the children and to the parents. This was my first hand experience anyway and my observations as to what is happening to others too.

thanks Blondie for another great review.

cybs

• SallySue
    SallySue

Thanks Blondie...

This article and the book for children make me sick. Guilt, guilt, guilt, is that all these people know??? "You don't want to make the demons happy, do you?" What kind of rubbish is that to feed the most vulnerable, our children?

I am so glad I left this org before I ever had a child so I didn't teach her such nonsense.

Again, thank you for all your hard work, Blondie... I look forward to your comments every week.

• xjwms
    xjwms

Thanks blondie

Your reviews are getting better and better. The wt needs a book on good parenting, parenting with unconditional love.

This kind of wt study is not a good teacher of good parenting. Guilt, guilt GUILT!

• sugarbritches
    sugarbritches

thanks blondie- once again you did a wonderful job- love your posts!!

• OldSoul
    OldSoul

Thanks again, blondie, for all your efforts.

Remember, your children are God?s gift to you; so treat them as such; answerable to God: 3 guilt-making statements in a row

It is amazing how throughly a supposedly "love-motivated" people must be guilted into doing what Jehovah the Governing Body directs ... on second thought, maybe that isn't "amazing" so much as it is telling.

Respectfully,
    OldSoul

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Blondie,

Thanks again for your work many of us don't have access these WTs. I'm sure many lurkers are getting the message quite clearly, not the one the Governing Body intended of course. I bet this thing you do posting like this has got the writting department scrambling trying to put up some better new and improved mumbo jumbo.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit