Comments You Will Not Hear at the 5-15-05 WT Study (Children Pt 2)

by blondie 28 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Soledad
    Soledad

I feel incredibly sad reading this article because I know that my mother is also reading it and feeling incredibly sad and guilty for "not doing enough for her children because they left the truth."

Do the elders know the names of your children? Do they take the time to really get to know them? Are children valued in your congregation?

as a child I meant squat to anyone in my congregation

• Will Power
    Will Power

thanks again blondie for going thru the trouble of posting this week after week.
    I look for it every Sat. morning..... like my regular study, with my coffee LOL - I even say - "nope sorry, busy, gotta do my study"

These last few on children really get me emotional tho, and as usual I open my big trap with a comment that puts me back in the doghouse.
    (my will power is really slipping lately) today, it was something about "the schedule".
    crappin crap eh?

will

• Dragonlady76
    Dragonlady76

Blondie,

"Learn from the great teacher" Is this a new book and if so, is there a pdf version online?

DL76

• ezekiel3
    ezekiel3
    "Learn from the great teacher" Is this a new book and if so, is there a pdf version online?

This is on the WT CD 2003, for those who can get it.

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo

Ok - help me out here. I wasn't aware of paedophiles being protected by the '2 witness rule' prior to joining this site, where I have read many topics/personal accounts etc.(In fact, I never considered anything of this nature would happen in a 'God's Organisation').

Question - if the child of a JW was sexually abused by a non-JW paedophile, would the same 2 witness rule apply? OR would the perpetrator be reported? I suspect the latter. Having said that, it would then appear that 'Wordly' people value their children MORE than those in God's Organisation do - I can't imagine a rational parent distinguishing between molesters when their child is at stake.

Also, if all this is so, a Congregation is a safe haven for paedophiles - and with this information available, surely will attract more.

• heathen
    heathen

Great review once again ((((((((( blondie)))))))))

I notice they didn't bother to instruct parents not to beat the hell out of their kids to get their attention . If they are talking about sex in the publication then this is not for pre- teens at all . I don't know why people are so convinced satan is trying so hard to get to children , there is no biblical support for statements like that . The struggle is really between the seeds . The apostle Paul also wrote stuff concerning children and one part that comes to mind is that parents should not irritating their children . Now that was an interesting scripture because it speaks volumes about letting children be children instead of putting all sorts of responsibility on them before they are even old enough to understand what they are in .Ephesians 6:4. IMO I really think they do need a daycare whenever these meetings are so that children don't have to be corrected during the meetings constantly , it's very distracting to those that are old enough to think for themselves .

• Gopher
    Gopher

For information on how the Watchtower's policies have shielded pedophiles: Go to www.silentlambs.org

This link has some specific information: http://www.silentlambs.org/answers/isthereaproblem.htm -- go to the section titled "Home Office Detachment".

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974

Thanks Blondie for this...as usual a well researched and thought out thread; its frightening to think how manipulated parents are as JW's and in turn how well indoctrinated the children are as a result; frightening stuff.

DB74

• Finder
    Finder

I am very glad for my son that he can grow normal, and really love Jesus naturally, not programmed by society.

My family left JW (Satan's Witnesses) about 2 years ago, and I am now with the God loving church.

So happy, and feel so sorry for JWs!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit