last names

by fairy 29 Replies latest jw friends

• Sith
    Sith

Also had an elder whose last name was Dover. His first name wasn't Ben, but that's what we called him. He was actually pretty cool and a good sport about it.

• Special K
    Special K

I read an article in the Newspaper this week about a guy who has the first name "Christ"..

and he is having a hell of a time with it..It has been a thorn in his thigh all his life.

SK

• Special K
    Special K

CHARLESTON, West Virginia (AP) -- Even Jesus Christ can't circumvent the rules for getting a driver's license in West Virginia.

Attempts to prove his name really is Christ have led the man born as Peter Robert Phillips Jr. through a lengthy legal battle and a recent victory in the District of Columbia Court of Appeals.

"This all started with him expressing his faith and his respect and love for Jesus Christ," attorney A.P. Pishevar told The Associated Press. "Now he needs to document it for legal reasons."

Described by his attorney as a white-haired businessman in his mid-50s, Christ is moving to West Virginia to enjoy a slower lifestyle. He bought property near Lost River, about 100 miles west of Washington, and has a U.S. passport, Social Security card and Washington driver's license bearing the name Jesus Christ.

SK

• minimus
    minimus

Did you know Sal Lami? Dick Hertz? Bill Loni? Mike Hunt????

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

We knew a brother named Oliver Lusk. When you say his name quickly it sounds like "all of her lust." Two of my kids thought his name was Lust!

He was a sweet older man who sounded like Elmer Fudd, poor fella.

• Country_Woman
    Country_Woman

in our cong only one funny name: Kleingeld which means ; "pocket money"" the brothers name was Frans and one of our visitors said very surprised: I did'nt know that we have foreign money here / (French coins).

But in the village I was born we had some really funny names: Komtebedde (come into the bed) Naaktgeboren (born nude) and Lazerom (fall down) and Lazarus (someone who is very drunk here is called "lazarus"

In Napoleons days, not every one was known by a familyname. It seems that Emperor Napoleon ordered every family to choose a familyname: lots of people did choose a very silly name as a protest, expecting that it would'nt last .... unfortunately for them, the government did'nt chance the name afterwards....

hence this names - today it is possible to change them, but it will cost you a lot of money....

• loosie
    loosie

I knew a Bro. and Sis. Snoddy pronouced Snotty

• the_classicist
    the_classicist

I knew a Brother Pope...

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

There was a CO named Bro Church back in the 70's. He drove a huge late model car that looked like a yacht parked in the KH parking lot.

Great perks for Church!

• talesin
    talesin

Me, too, t_c --- he wouldn`t be around 50 or so, and a Newfie, would he?

I used to work with a guy,,, Richard Hebb ,,, we all called him Dick Head ... heheh, his lights were bright, but no one was home, and he just used to get this stunned look on his beatiful face ... poor guy.

tal

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit