WELCOME AntiPode. to the forum

by bem 18 Replies latest jw friends

• bem
    bem

Mrs. AntiPode sent me a PM letting me know AntiPode was in the "house" We will be very glad to have him share his wisdom with us.

Hugs to you and welcome! Hugs to the Misses also.

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

welcome AntiPode!

• Netty
    Netty

Welcome, glad you are here!

• kls
    kls

Hi Antipode and welcome

• bem
    bem

Thanks everyone for the welcomes for AntiPode. He'll be along soon I'm sure and it will make his day.

~ Dorothy

• Es
    Es

welcome :) es

• HadEnuf
    HadEnuf

Welcome AntiPode...may your posts be many and your problems be few!

Cathy L.

• bem
    bem

Thanks again everyone for the welcomes for AntiPode.

• AntiPode
    AntiPode

Well thanks everyone for the welcome! (finally got here )

Thank you BEM for starting this!

Thanks Tetrapod; I have said to my wife that 'man was not created in God's image, but God was created in man's image'.

I haven't had the opportunity to post my introduction, so here's as good a place and time to do so:

But first, in reference to the ladies that welcomed me, a funny thing is the whole time I was a Witness I enjoyed conversing with women more than the rote "shop talk" that took place with the men; interesting subjects that didn't revolve around the "organization" were futile with the guys to the point that they would walk away from me and eventually not even initiate a conversation, whether at the hall or more casual "Gatherings (sic)"

So I have tremendous respect for a woman's intuition, her view of the things around us. Many of the guys were pretty much PO'd at me for being athletic and having a decent job and were really upset because I was enjoying life with my wonderful wife and children.

Outside of JW "friends" from the past, I have found friends that are much more interesting, men and women, and their interests and talents make it fun to be around them.

I wasn't born a Witness, but became such after marriage to one. That has since turned the other way, we both walked away. We saw the need for our children to be free to be who they would become, and the creativity they could put into life was not going to be allowed if we all remained in the cult. The last time I pulled into a KH parking lot, with my wife (sans the children), she told me she just could not go in.

It was a clarifying moment that I chose to learn from, not control, and it solidified my relationship with her. I think the thing that saved us is a real love that my wife and I share.

I will enjoy my time here, and sometimes posting my thoughts that may mean something to someone, but are only what I have learned from my experiences. I have been reading many threads and really enjoy your posts and wisdom. Thanks for helping me, and for being here for us.

Ciao.

• talesin
    talesin

Welcome, Antipode!

I think the thing that saved us is a real love that my wife and I share.

Yes, real love is what saved me, too. So true.

tal

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit