This Month's KM: Family Calendar?

by RichieRich 31 Replies latest jw friends

• RichieRich
    RichieRich

As many of you might have noticed, the MAy 2005 KM has a group of 4 or 5 articles about scheduling family activities. It includes a blank week long calendar and little slips that you can cut out and paste onto the calendar. I think this is another crazy, last ditch effort to try and grab the remaining witnesses into the protective brood of the GB. Hopefully someone with a scanner will be able to scan this in (PLEASE!).

Here's what gets me. The calendar is for ONE WEEK. There are 7 pre-made slips that say "Daily Text" There is one for the TMS and Service meeting, along with one for the book study and ond for sunday's activities. There is one slip for the timing of the Family study. THen-- they give you one slip for Family recreation, meaning that the society thinks families only need to recreate one night a week. This is very clever and subtle and I assure you the R&F wont get it. But here's the real kicker....

They only give you one slip for field service.... So does that mean that we are only expected to go out once a week? Cause that's pretty cool....

Any thoughts?

RR

• Check_Your_Premises
    Check_Your_Premises

Yeah, my wife showed that thing to me.

I thought it was funny that they think they need to show people how to make a friggin schedule. They really have a very dim view of the r&f.

Been meaning to tell you RR, I don't like many 17yr olds, but you are an exception. You crack me up.

CYP

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

They expect families to work like robots. Nothing spontaneous, just the same weekly schedule. The WTS likes to keep things dull and boring.

• DevonMcBride
    DevonMcBride

Richie,

From your description of this calendar it reminded me of a sticker book I had as a kid. It's the book where there are pictures and you place the right stickers in the right place in the picture. I guess the sticker book is on the same mentality as the Witnesses.

Devon

• Honesty
    Honesty

How much time per day does the GB allow for maintaining a clean standing before Joe Hoba and do they designate equal time for showering, shaving and shyteing?

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

typical schedule of a Jehovahs Witness

Monday:
    6am: study scripture of day
    7:30: go to work
    6:00pm: eat
    7:30pm: Study for tuesday's book study

Tuesday:
    7:00pm go to tuesday's book study

Wednesday:
    7:30pm: study for thrusday's 2 meetings

Thursday:
    7:30pm: go to 2 meetings, get home at 10:30pm, even with children (if they can't do homework, Watchtower suggests to write a note to teacher showing how important the meeting was to their spirituality)

Friday:
    7:30 family study

Saturday:
    7:30am: study scripture of day
    9:30: go to preaching
    1:30pm: eat
    3:00: cut grass
    5:00: clean house
    7:30: study watchtower magazine for sunday's meeting

Sunday
    7:30am: study scripture of day
    9:30: go to preaching
    11:30am: eat fast
    12:30: go to 2 meetings
    4:00pm: eat
    7:00pm: personal study (highly recommended by Watchtower to keep spiritual health up, research all Watchtowers on questions that arise in mind

with so much to do, how can anybody enjoy life? non working people are "encouraged" to pioneer (spend 50 to 90 hours a month in preaching)

On top of all that you have to deal with daily problems & peer pressure at Kingdom Hall to always "DO MORE"
    7:30: study watchtower magazine for sunday's meeting

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

For children you have to insert:

(everyday) 3:30 to 6:00 homework

• unbeliever
    unbeliever

Here is a picture of the schedule. I have not mastered my scanner yet so it's kind of fuzzy.

[IMG]http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y202/unbelivever/KM1.jpg[/IMG]

I hope the picture shows.

• unbeliever
    unbeliever

What am I doing wrong? How come the picture is not showing?

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Unb,

I took your link and pasted in the hyperlink that's the icon to thr left of the happy face.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit