GB Admits It Has No Answers, Blood

by Maximus 63 Replies latest jw friends

• Had Enough
    Had Enough

Hello hawkaw:

I found this result to my search on my CD ROM of your two references..."placental barrier" and "natural movement" in the June 1st W90 QFR (the Oct 1st W94 suggests the asker of a similar question to see this W90 article)

*** w90 6/1 31 Questions From Readers ***

It is significant that the blood system of a pregnant woman is separate from that of the fetus in her womb; their blood types are often different. The mother does not pass her blood into the fetus. Formed elements (cells) from the mother’s blood do not cross the placental barrier into the fetus’ blood, nor does the plasma as such. In fact, if by some injury the mother’s and the fetus’ blood mingle, health problems can later develop (Rh or ABO incompatibility).

However, some substances from the plasma cross into the fetus’ circulation. Do plasma proteins, such as immune globulin and albumin? Yes, some do.

A pregnant woman has an active mechanism by which some immune globulin moves from the mother’s blood to the fetus’. Because this natural movement of antibodies into the fetus occurs in all pregnancies, babies are born with a degree of normal protective immunity to certain infections.

It is similar with albumin, which doctors may prescribe as a treatment for shock or certain other conditions. Researchers have proved that albumin from the plasma is also transported, though less efficiently, across the placenta from a mother into her fetus.

That some protein fractions from the plasma do move naturally into the blood system of another individual (the fetus) may be another consideration when a Christian is deciding whether he will accept immune globulin, albumin, or similar injections of plasma fractions. One person may feel that he in good conscience can; another may conclude that he cannot. Each must resolve the matter personally before God.

{bold mine}

Is this what you were refering to?

Had Enough

• Jeremy Bravo
    Jeremy Bravo

I cannot let this thread sit anywhere but the first page. In my opinion, it is a "Page One Lifer."

I must say that Maximus, TD, Hawk, et al have done their homework.

Kickin' ass and takin' names.

More spiritual malpractice from the medical offices of Dr. Governingbody.

Jer.

• Jim Lad
    Jim Lad

I especially find the point of twins interesting, never considered that before.. once again it seems it's what's not said in the literature that needs to be pondered very seriously. My grandmother is in the hospital right now and the WT Liasons are there, would like to ask what they think of my beautiful younger twin sisters sharing blood. They should be struck down for it or what?

Anyway, thanks for the interesting point. Funny I've never thought of it before.

• Anchor
    Anchor

<My grandmother is in the hospital right now and the WT Liasons are there

The grim enforcers who abuse just about as much as the pedophiles. Some of them can barely read, but they sure behave as experts. You have my sympathy.

Anchor

• hawkaw
    hawkaw

Oh wow !!!!

Have you guys come through!!!

I have wanted you guys to really think about the "identical twins NATUALLLY sharing" their "WHOLE BLOOD" angle for months and this is just great.

Whoooo!!!

Thanks for posting that part of the 1990 QFR Had Enough and your quote TD, and yes, TD, you are very right about the the blood products that are in vaccines that children need if they want to go to school!!!!

Keep this sucker at the top and keep thinking. And Jim Lad go ask those nasty questions in a calm and very stupid manner in front of your grandmother. I might suggest you get them on a topic explaining the "natural movement of blood first, make sure they consider a fetus as a human and then, POW hit them with monochorionic pregnancy question!!!!

That will send them scambling through their 700 plus page binder.

hawk

For good information on blood - ( http://www.ajwrb.org

• SixofNine
    SixofNine
    I cannot let this thread sit anywhere but the first page. In my opinion, it is a "Page One Lifer."

I concur.

Six, non-medical TTT class.

• hawkaw
    hawkaw

bttt for Maximus

• Had Enough
    Had Enough

Hello hawkaw:

I just have a couple of questions needing clarification.

Admittedly, all this medical info takes time for us non-medically trained ones to wade through. I'm trying to get the whole picture of how the blood naturally flows during pregnancy.

The WTS in all their "inspired" wisdom writes:

The mother does not pass her blood into the fetus. Formed elements (cells) from the mother’s blood do not cross the placental barrier into the fetus’ blood

and TD adds

Bianchi and others have proven this to be incorrect. A woman can have fetal cells in her blood stream more than thirty years after her last pregnancy.

I obviously have no faith in anything the WTS says any longer so this causes questions:

Just how much blood exchange there is between mother and baby?

Who is Bianchi and where can I read this quote and more?

If the WTS says it allows albumin because of its understanding of the natural movement of the blood between mother and baby, then cannot they use this as an excuse to disallow whole blood transfusion because whole blood does not transfer in natural movement?

And please pardon my non-medical naivity, how does only parts of the blood transfer and not all?

This is absolutely fascinating. When I lost faith in the WTS and became inactive, I still thought the abstaining from blood thing was Biblical and had sound medical reasoning. Now you gentlemen have opened up a whole new avenue of thought, and I'm lapping it up, because it makes sense.

That's all I want...to believe what makes sense and not see my family in jeopardy because of some yokels wielding a stick of power.

Thanks so much

Had Enough

• hawkaw
    hawkaw

Had Enough,

I can't get into the net from my main computer that I use. I also noted that the web site I gave for one of the articles in not responding.

What I will do is scan the article and then if necessary upload it onto here (note could someone explain how I can up load a file from my computer on to this board). That will tell you how many red cells etc. pass through.

If I remember the number of red cells that naturally passs from fetus to mom is somewhere in the order of 1,000s of fetal nucleated red blood cells per 1 x 10 to the 9th power (ie. billions) of maternal blood cells that have been measured and of course they have lasted for up to twenty seven years.

Go to ( http://www.ajwrb.org and read the one link on the main page titled Watchtower postion crumbles ( http://www.ajwrb.org/basics/crumbles.shtml

I will get back to you on all the rest of your questions with regards to mother and fetus and remember in monochorionic pregnancies, all (whole) blood naturally transfers from one baby (fetus) to the baby (fetus). Something these "wiseguys" would never ever tell you over the last eleven years this policy has been in force - sad.

Oh, also keep in mind that blood components also move from mother to fetus too, naturally of course.

hawk

Noted - Changes edited

• CPiolo
    CPiolo

hawhaw:

To place an image in a post, you need to have it uploaded somewhere with a web address (a URL). Free accounts on Yahoo and other services provide anonomous places to do this (for example Osarif's site is a Yahoo account on Geo-Cities). You can upload whatever files you need directly from your browser. Geo-Cities provides simple instructions for members.

Once you have a the image uploaded, you need to place code in your post to link the image to your post. If you don't know how to do this, when writing your post, click on "Use Forum Code in your message" that appears just below the composition window. Insert this code where you would like the image to appear in your post.

Maximus:

Thanks for the answer. What more can anyone be but true to themselves. Not as simple or easy as it sounds. That's probably why Shakespeare is quoted so often:

This above all: to thine own self be true; And it must follow, as the night the day; Thou canst not then be false to any man.
    --William Shakespeare (1564 - 1616), 'Hamlet,' Act I, Scene iii

And you're quite welcome. If you have any similar needs in the future, please feel free to ask for help. I would be more than glad to do whatever little bit I can.

CPiolo

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit