Spring has Sprung - what is your favorite flower?

by AK - Jeff 27 Replies latest jw experiences

• kat2u
    kat2u

my favorite are pansies because they look like happy little faces to me.

• Carmel
    Carmel

Hard to beat a Rhody! but then, I love camilias, rock roses, and cyclamen!

carmel

• carla
    carla

Cala lilies. I am somewhat known for them. However due to all this jw crap I didn't dig them up the other year!!! what a loss. Isn't the above pic of a poppy actually a California Poppy? My Bleeding Hearts are just in full bloom now. My Irises are just starting to grow now, should bloom in about a month. It has been so cold in WI lately! Did you know that Pansy's are supposed to have a 'face' in them? I look every year for it. Do any of you know how to make Hollyhock Dolls? something my grandma used to do. Take a full bloom (it is the skirt) and a semi-closed one for the fancy hairdo. Use a toothpick to hold together and you have a beautiful old fashioned ballroom dancer. Too bad most kids today just think I'm weird! Oh, Well, it is something they will remember! Happy gardening! carla

• Eyebrow2
    Eyebrow2

Lilacs...the purple ones are my favorite! Oh I love the way they smell...I cannot find any down here in TX...despite the fact that supposedly they can grow in this zone. I am going to order a few bushes and plant them and see if I can get something going down here. I really miss the smell.

• Cat-er-daynightfever
    Cat-er-daynightfever

Daffodils...They were such bright sunshine to me in my sad life. I got to enjoy so very few beautiful things. When I was a child we had a ready supply of wild daffodils, violets, Irises, and purple hyacinth. But daffodils just made me smile. I would play for hours around the wild daffodils and in the violets. They made me feel like I actually had friends that smiled at seeing me. They are truly beautiful.

Cat

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

AK - Jeff-Here in Texas...Lots of water and pray there is not a no water ban...I love the sound of water on an elephant ear..

Fav flower...Has always been the daisy. Gerbers. But mostly any daisy. So simple.

• Banshee
    Banshee

Roses are definitely my favorite type of flowers. Other favorites are tiger lilies (association with great-grandmother) and daisies.

But it is tough to pick out favorites when I love all types of flowers, really!

• MerryMagdalene
    MerryMagdalene

wild roses...simple, sweet and lovely to eat

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit