Conceited Witnesses

by TheListener 12 Replies latest jw friends

• HadEnuf
    HadEnuf

Definitely. My hubbie and I feel ashamed that we thought we were so much better than those "worldlings" who wouldn't listen to us. We were at the top and they were way beneath us. Now we feel like fools and know that people, no matter what their beliefs (excluding serial killers, child molesters, etc.), are ALL to be respected.

Leaving the JW's and truly having your eyes opened is a VERY humbling experience. We needed that.

Cathy L.

• Carmel
    Carmel

Luckily I got out as a teenager and always felt there was a vast ocean of knowledge "out there" into which I wanted to emerse my self. Even now, as much reading and investigating I've done over nearly five decades since leaving, I still feel I have barely scratched the surface. I will say, though, IMHO, a person should get out of the narrow confines of one religion, be it Christian, Muslim, Buddhist, etc. and step back with a sympathetic view if they are to be true to the scientific method.

You cannot understand or see Islam from the jaded perspective of a "true christian" as an example. The same is true for those who claim to be agnostic or atheist. Don't knock them unless you first understand the philosophical premises upon which they stake their "religion" of choice.

I have to continually pinch myself to make sure I'm not sounding condescending when I post, just because I've made the investigations doesn't mean I have any unique authority or insight. Just know how dam little I knew as a dubby.

carmel

• Shania
    Shania

During a Wt. study, an elder makes the comment "worldly people are just dumb and stupid to not realize JW. have the answers to the worlds problems" Arrogant or what? I said to hubby, "there might be worldly people here today listening to this dumb a**." 5 years ago I would sat there and said he is so right, now I hear stuff like that and I want to hurl

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit